liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Unhappy oof, this school year is hitting me hard

Just feeling sad. I am not usually so emotional, but the transitions this year are harder for me than expected. I have been crying on and off since yesterday. DS starts middle school today. I was sitting on the couch this morning with my coffee remembering sitting on that same couch during late night feedings with him when he was a baby. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone! And DS3 just finished preschool and is starting K. All of my kids went there and had the same teachers. I can't believe we won't be going back. DS3 and I just dropped off a thank you gift and I started crying when my most favorite teacher came over. ugh. I know we have so much to be thankful for, but just feeling sad that my babies are growing up

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You are not alone. DD1 started MS yesterday and DD2 started 5th. I do not know how this happened! I think MS hits hard because I remember MS so clearly! It seems like yesterday but it was long, long ago.

I feel like my life is passing by at high speed and I'm barely able to keep up with it.

This summer absolutely flew by which didn't help. I am already dreading the winter since I am emotionally scarred from last year's "record breaking winter" horror show.

Oh, and DD1 and I are up at 5:45am to get ready for the 6:45am bus, so exhaustion doesn't help my emotional state, either.

Hang in there mama.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hugs to you! I too remember middle school pretty well and can't believe I have a MS child. I feel this every year at the beginning and ending of the school year. Time is flying.
    K

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DS started MS this year, too and it is so hard. I'm so proud of the young people DC are becoming but so sad for myself that it's going by so fast. A friend whose kids are the same age as mine casually said, "we only have X more summer vacations together as a family" and I about cried right there. Why can't I freeze time?!!

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

I feel like my life is passing by at high speed and I'm barely able to keep up with it.

This summer absolutely flew by which didn't help.
    Yes this, exactly. My DD started third grade this year and organization is paramount. She has 30 minutes of homework and then 30 minutes of reading on top of it. Plus changes to the carpool line are making that a 45 minute exercise, and she is going to start swimming 2 days a week and ballet one day a week next week. While I only work part time, I am realizing that she is busier than I am. It is just making me sad. She is my only, and I remember the years wishing her to be independent, and now that she is, I am a little sad.

I can so relate! Oldest DD started high school yesterday and I was a mess last night thinking about how fast time goes! So sad to see them grow up so fast!