Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default shoes for 8-12 yo girls

My dds wear flip flops and sandals all summer long. Last winter they wore tennis shoes and boots from Costco. I'm trying to figure out what girls their age wear in the fall/winter.... ??

boots? mary jane type shoes?

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are just dealing with this this week too. My 8.5 year old measures a 4.5 in kids shoes. On PE days (2 days a week) she wears running shoes. Her preference in other days is a pair of frye boots, until UGG season and she will vary bt the two. She has agreed to wear a pair of white converse high tops some too. But she won't wear Mary Janes. And her feet aren't comfortable in flats. So boots, in 95 degress, this week! Everyone wears them, with sundresses.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about a slip on like toms or sperry's? My DD who is 7 is liking both of those this year (first time we have tried those) and I have seen older girls wearing them too. Ballet flats are cute and I see a lot of girls in that age group wearing those too but they can be hard to fit on growing feet IMO. Fashion type sneakers might be another option.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My 8yo DD1 got a pair of black wedge mary janes to wear on non-PE days. She had a pair of suede ankle boots last winter.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Mine is just hanging in asics gel noosa running shoes. She wants to make the most of daily recess, but she will eventually wear Mary Janes with athletic soles at some point.

my 10 yr DD has pretty small feet for her age (size 2.5-3) but she has these

http://www.seekairun.com/store/sale/...s-girls/sandi-

and these

http://www.seekairun.com/uploads/images/kya.jpg

and a pair of regular tennis shoes for every day wear.

Then she has a few kinds of boots, Bearpaw (faux ugg style) and some Naartjie ones.

Default shoes for 8-12 yo girls

My 9 year old DD wears flip flops and keens in the summer and sneakers, cowboy boots, and costco fake uggs the rest if the year. She wears a size 5 kids

ETA: costco's fake Uggs are super cute this year and they have buckles.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 11 YO DD alternates her sneakers with KEEN mary janes (similar to these - she wears women's sizes more often now, but their youth sizes are less spendy!) and she's been asking for a pair of ankle boots.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My girls wear red cowboy boots a LOT. If I had known they would be such favorites, i would have bought nicer than Target brand.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

9 year old DD1 wears Saucony running shoes pretty much all Fall and winter, with short boots when dressing up a little. This year she wants cowboy boots. She is very active so I can't buy shoes that don't have great tread/soles or they will be destroyed in days.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast