Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have DD (7 years) in a Frontier 85(?) and she's still in it harnessed. Just got DS the latest Frontier model with Clicktight, and I LOVE it. The installation was so easy, and uses the seatbelt so you don't have to worry about when your child's weight (plus the weight of the seat) exceeds the limit for using LATCH. I didn't even realize this was a thing until recently, so I had to reinstall DD's Frontier using the seatbelt (no Clicktight) and it was a pain! I did manage to get it in there, but I hope I never have to take it out!!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So it seems Frontier are very popular. We are a Britax family, so I completely understand the love. The other seat I was considering is the latest Radian. It seems to have a high harness weight, which is important. I went to BRU last weekend during the trade-in but they didn't have it in the store.

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our frontier didn't work as a booster, so I regret that purchase. DS is in a Graco booster now. The seatbelt would get stuck in the guide at the shoulder, so if he leaned forward, it wouldn't retract and made the Frontier unsafe. Loved it when he was harnessed though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Frontier 90 w/ Click Tight did not work for us as a booster. We have an original Frontier that is great in booster mode.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We like Britax seats a lot but went with a Radian for our latest purchase. I love the narrow and low profile. All the kids like to ride in it and the install wasn't bad at all. I had heard bad reports but it has been fine with both latch and seatbelt. I think if you were planning to go from harness to LBB, as some people do, that a Radian could be a good choice.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Thanks for the feedback. I think i will order a Radian and test it out with DC.

That's what I was afraid of with the Frontier. Love the seat with harness but really looking for a seat we can use as a HBB 4 years down the road.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The issue with the radian as booster is 1) booster pretty much outgrown same time as harness and 2) 50lb minimum

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    The issue with the radian as booster is 1) booster pretty much outgrown same time as harness and 2) 50lb minimum
    The comp chart on the Diono site says harness weight is up to 80lbs on the RXT, 65 lbs on the R100. Even with the 65lb limit, I think DS2 could stay harnessed until at least age 7. He is 3.5yo now and on the smaller side. Height for booster seems to go up to 57 inches. I can't find the harness height limits on the Diono website though.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The harness is about 17.5" (per carseatblog)but the booster is the same and it doesn't adjust so if you want to spend significant time using it as a HBb not the best choice. If your child is on the lighter weight side they may never be able to use it as a booster because of outgrowing by height before 50lb.

legaleagle, this is very helpful. Thank you. Maybe i should just toss this idea and focus on booster with harness. It's not like HBB are $$$$. Back to the drawing board. We usually default to Britax seats but not sure if I want another Frontier. Out of all the Britax seats we've had, it's been my least favorite. We've had to replace the foam several times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2