Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default WWYD - Need to fit two kids an adult in back seat for 2 hour drive

We are traveling soon and will be picked up by my FIL in a BMW. It is a 2 hour drive to my in law's house. DH will sit up front with his dad. After we get there, I can move car seats around because there is another car for us to use. We will have a 2 hour return drive to the airport. I need to fit both kids in the back with me. What we have: DD1, 4 years old, 36.5 lbs, 39 inches, Maestro; DD2, 22 months RF in Scenara NEXT. I can squeeze them together in DH's VW but I sometimes find the Scenera is not the best install when I put them next to each other. I have been putting the Maestro outboard and the Scenera in the middle. I then sit outboard too. Should I move them around to get a better install? Buy a bumble bum for DD1 for the drive to and from the airport? She will fall asleep on this particular ride because she will have not slept much before we get there. Not worry about it because it is just a 2 hour drive each way and we will survive. Worst case scenario, DH will take public transportation home if I can't get the car seats to work once we get there, but that will extend his journey by an extra 2 hours and will be a disaster.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you cant get a good install with the Scenera in the middle, I'd install them both outboard and squeeze in the middle yourself. It's not super comfortable, but I'm not particularly tiny and I can manage for a few hours.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    If you cant get a good install with the Scenera in the middle, I'd install them both outboard and squeeze in the middle yourself. It's not super comfortable, but I'm not particularly tiny and I can manage for a few hours.
    I totally would and have squeezed in other cars. There is something about his BMW though that makes me think that I can't fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk