TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How would you feel about putting a 30-lb child in a HBB for short, local rides?

I'm on the fence about getting a HBB for emergencies/carpool use for DD1, who is just shy of 30 lbs with clothes. It would be for emergencies and for possible carpool to/from activities locally. Both kids have activities now and I am realizing that DH and I are going to need some help getting everyone where they need to be on time. Is a HBB a better option for these occasional rides than a harnessed seat that I may not be able to install myself/would have to teach someone to install? DD1 will be 6 in a month and was 40 inches tall (I think) at her yearly exam last December. She is harnessed in my car and DH's car and I have no intent of unharnessing her in our regular cars any time soon.

Any HBB that you would recommend?
    Last edited by TwoBees; 09-22-2015 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Corrected height
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Yeah, at that age, I'd be fine with it. Harmony Dreamtime and Graco Turbo are both great fitting for petite kids. If you're moving it from car to car a lot, I think Dreamtime doesn't fall apart as easily as a Turbo (who has hinges on the back, and the base swings down and falls out of the back... totally avoidable if you support the base of the Turbo after one learning experience, but still, annoying to put back together even once when you're in a rush...but the Turbo does come in much prettier colors...so...)

Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I do it frequently with the Harmony seat for a younger child. I much rather know that they are secure in a seat belt WITH booster (easy to use).... rather than try to teach someone how to properly install a harnessed seat.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes I would be fine with that.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)