Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Thanks for the rec! I've been using Armani for a while so am curious to use this. Will it work on pink-undertoned skin? Some reviews say it's a bit yellow for ruddy skin like mine.
    Ahhh I dont know! I am very yellow..and i love the way the color blends into my skin so maybe it is on the yellow side...Also, I am using the middle of the two colors, would you be the lighter color? I fell like quite often the lighter the color the more pink it has...
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post
    Funny enough but the Nars was my obsession right before I discovered the PTR CC cream im raving about!! So when I bought the PTR I still had some of the Nars left and for me personally, side by side, the PTR blew the Nars out of the water. But congrats on finding a winner! That is always exciting))
    I didn't even end up trying the PTR CC cream. It sounded amazing but the lady helping me at Sephora took one look at me and told me there is no way it would work for my skin tone. I have no yellow at all. I'm blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. My skin is very pink. The sales clerk was a redhead with similar complexion. I'm super impressed by how well she seemed to know the product. She picked the perfect colors for me just by looking at my skin! I put the Nars on and immediately and instantly I felt so much prettier and more luminous. It was crazy because I still had some of the Tarte samples and was starting to think maybe I DID like them. But this was so much better. I checked myself out all day, lol, and couldn't see any sign of the makeup. I just looked like I had perfect, glowy skin.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I didn't even end up trying the PTR CC cream. It sounded amazing but the lady helping me at Sephora took one look at me and told me there is no way it would work for my skin tone. I have no yellow at all. I'm blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. My skin is very pink. The sales clerk was a redhead with similar complexion. I'm super impressed by how well she seemed to know the product. She picked the perfect colors for me just by looking at my skin! I put the Nars on and immediately and instantly I felt so much prettier and more luminous. It was crazy because I still had some of the Tarte samples and was starting to think maybe I DID like them. But this was so much better. I checked myself out all day, lol, and couldn't see any sign of the makeup. I just looked like I had perfect, glowy skin.
    yay!!! Sounds beautiful! Yes, the Nars has a beautiful golden glow to it. I still have some left and will probably use it up) And from your description it does sound like PTR wouldnt have worked..
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok I just bought the PTR CC cream based on this thread - and I LOVE it! I have super pink/red/ruddy skin, no yellow at all, and it's a great match. I am also going to check out the Nars although the fragrance might make me break out.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ok I just bought the PTR CC cream based on this thread - and I LOVE it! I have super pink/red/ruddy skin, no yellow at all, and it's a great match. I am also going to check out the Nars although the fragrance might make me break out.
    Oh no! Maybe I should have tried it! Although I can't imagine loving it more than what I've got. The saleslady was adamant the color wouldn't work. I'm sure the yellow is part of it, but I'm also very fair. Next time I'm in Sephora maybe...

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Give it a try- I am very fair and blonde too.

rds97 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Jumping in late - I love Bobbi Brown's BB Cream. There is a good selection of shades, IMO. I went to the counter and they matched to a color I thought would surely be too dark (would never have picked it myself), but it looks perfect! It's dewy and gives much more covereage than I expected - more than the Skin Foundation by Bobbi Brown I was using before, as well as more than the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.
    - Rebecca S., mama to 2 sweet boys (10/05 & 4/08)

oh yay! Funny but i always feel like telling more people about it, because its just so..useful! Isnt it just so-soft, and glides on so well? I usually get antsy to try something new when i start nearing the end of tube/bottle of something but not with my beloved PTR-instead I worry they will mess with it or discontinue because not enough people know about it!

Now, lets talk about Eminence organic skincare
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh no! Maybe I should have tried it! Although I can't imagine loving it more than what I've got. The saleslady was adamant the color wouldn't work. I'm sure the yellow is part of it, but I'm also very fair. Next time I'm in Sephora maybe...
    You got a great one! I love the one by Nars that you bought, its my second fave)
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3