Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meeting Notes

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is absolutely ridiculous. Every aspect of it! And seriously, they expect you to be ok with non-readable notes? No way.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, this thread gave me the motivation to ask for a draft of the IEP, as we had a meeting last week. I am the one who suggested asking for a draft, as I have done this before. However, when I have done this in the past it was b/c I had bad experiences with that team leaving important accommodations and information out. I mostly trusted this team/case manager, so was not necessarily going to ask. In my state parent's signature is not required for the IEP to be official, so once it is written and signed by the necessary people (not sure who beyond the case manager is absolutely required) its official and takes another meeting to change (which I have had to do in the past).

Anyway, I asked for a draft and found that dd's minutes of service had been drastically reduced, even though I had asked specifically about this and was told they would not be in the meeting. Also, my concerns were not listed in the parent concern section (which seems to happen over and over again. I have put them in writing when I have not trusted the team, but hadn't thought it was necessary this time). So, glad I asked for the draft. Yet, just so frustrating. I know that what the case manager thinks is important is different from what I think is important---so I guess I will just always need to ask for the draft.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2