Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65?

A friend recently handed down a Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 car seat to me. I'm not familiar with it at all -- any opinions on it? If we use it, it would be to replace our Evenflo Tribute (we might leave that one with a relative for our visits there) in my husband's car.
    Lizi

It's ok as a harnessed seat, terrible as a booster (holds belt off shoulder and up on abdomen rather than bony hips). Make sure you get the manual or or get it from the website (or call, depending on the model there may also have been a teeny tiny recall on the harness adjuster, they will send you the fix, which is a tiny tube of lubricant). It can be tricky to install rearfacing, a towel or noodle will help get the required recline and keep it stable.
    It will have the same harness set up as the Tribute--continuous--so you won't have trouble understanding that part if you want to take the cover off and wash it, it's got that cool headrest/harness height adjuster though, and it's pretty tall. Make sure it's also not near expiration.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#