Default Samsung Galaxy Note 5 opinions

I am buying a new phone. My current phone is a Motorola Droid. I've looked at some new phones at Costco and I'm torn between the iPhone 6 and the Samsung Note 5.

I've never had an iPhone, but I have an iPad and I like it. As for the Note phone, I love that it has a stylus. I'm extremely slow with a touchscreen keyboard and I even avoid texting because of how long it takes me to send a simple message. I've never had success with voice dictation either. I also handwrite notes, lists and phone numbers all the time, but I'm not a fan of having papers lying around. When I saw the sales guy take out the S-pen and start handwriting I felt like a light went on and this was the phone for me. He told me that I could handwrite texts and emails.

As for the iPhone, this is the one that my friends recommend. They've suggested that it's easier to use and since I'm not at all tech savvy this is a great selling point.

What are your experiences? Is anyone familiar with the Samsung Note and its stylus?

Thank you.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went from a Samsung S4 to a Note 4 last Spring. I couldn't be happier. I love the big screen of the Note 4, and I am used to Samsung android phones. I admit, I do not use the stylus really, which I know is the huge draw for it. I have been hearing many say that they prefer the Note 4 over the Note 5 because of the removable battery and expandable memory. The Note 5 has a sealed battery and set storage, so you cannot add or change. I don't think you can go wrong with the Note 4 or 5, but if you want a removable battery and expandable storage, I would consider the Note 4.

I am pro Android for smartphones, so I personally would not even consider the iPhone. I am an iPad user, but for smartphones, pro Android.

Good luck!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like the Galaxy Note is the right choice for you.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love my galaxy s5! I have little hands and can still carry it. It fits in my back pocket when needed. I dont think I would go bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I love my galaxy s5! I have little hands and can still carry it. It fits in my back pocket when needed. I dont think I would go bigger.
    I got the Note 5 two days ago. I'm still learning how to use it, but I'm very pleased. Which phone case do you like for this phone?

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think mom2binsd has the Galaxy S5, not the Note 5, unless I misread her post. S5 is much smaller than the Note 5. For the Note, I love the Otterbox Defender, minus the built in screen protector. The built in screen protector for the Otterbox is pretty ill fitting and bad. I highly recommend removing the flimsy, built in screen protector and pairing the Otterbox Defender with a tempered glass screen protector purchased separately. Amazon sells tons of tempered glass screen protectors at good prices. Otterbox Defender reviews on Amazon explain how to gently remove the built in screen protector using a hair dryer.

Otterbox Defender + tempered glass screen protector equals a superb case for the Note!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)