Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: boss's day

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yeah, he was totally laying it out on the table that he expects something for boss's day. Grrr.

I don't like any of the nonsense either. Just eliminate boss's day, admin professionals day (that has never been acknowledged where I'm at), and only recently we've been having "customer service appreciation week" where they buy us bagels one day and pizza the next. And nothing for the folks that work remotely. Get rid of it all!

Quote Originally Posted by daisysmom View Post
    We have never done boss's day at our law firm. For holidays and birthdays, the tradition is that people give gifts to subordinates but not the reverse. And we celebrate secretary's day pretty big, mostly bc everyone hates lawyers.
    Yeah, we do secretary's day and I think we collect $ to give her for Christmas. Sometimes if we have a good graduate teaching assistant we get him/her something like a dunkin donuts gift card at the end of the semester. That is it. We say happy birthday to each other, and occasionally go out for drinks but that is just some friends getting together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I think he's also telling you that he expects something too. Yuck

That's exactly what I was thinking too!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thankfully I think most of my team mates have forgotten about boss' day this year. What your boss is doing sounds uber tacky!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rlu View Post
    oh my g*d! that's so not professional. Was he trying to be cute??

eta: that was a total hint for his team to pony up for him too! Not once have I celebrated "boss day" at work and I've had a ton of bosses, some better than others, but never this. Wowsers.

I have never heard of boss's day. that note is crazy childish and a total fish for something, not to mention super brown-nosing. ugh

One good thing about my industry/company is that while it can be somewhat impersonal/no-nonsense, at least nobody would be caught dead doing this kind of passive-agressive crap!! i would hate to have to deal with that kind of drama at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2