TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Quick! Can I machine wash the cover of a RA55?

DD2 threw up in DH's car this afternoon. The cover of her RA55 days hand wash. Can I machine wash it?

The straps have to be cleaned in plain water, right?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have washed car seat covers (both Radian & Britax) in the washer on the gentle cycle- just did one today! I hang dry.
    DS 2/09

Yeah, the label says no, but they are afraid you'll put it in with a load of jeans and a gallon of fabric softener and it'll get funky and you'll want a free replacement, so it's easier for them to say 'hand wash only'.
    Washed alone, gentlest cycle, drizzle of detergent, no softeners, air dry, it'll be fine.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Yeah, the label says no, but they are afraid you'll put it in with a load of jeans and a gallon of fabric softener and it'll get funky and you'll want a free replacement, so it's easier for them to say 'hand wash only'.
    Washed alone, gentlest cycle, drizzle of detergent, no softeners, air dry, it'll be fine.
    Phew. Ok, 'cause I did it last night. Probably used too much detergent but I really didn't want it to smell of vomit.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.