Thread: Sedona

Default Sedona

Will be visiting Sedona for a week - hotel all set - Looking for recommendations for reataurants, activities, shopping, etc. Also any tips for drive from Phoenix. Thanks!

With kids? If so, stop at Out if Africa wild animal park! It's amazing (between Phoenix and Arizona.). We loved hiking bell rock and coffee pot rock.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Kid free trip (yay!)

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went two summers ago. We enjoyed a Pink Jeep tour. Our favorite restaurant was Elote Cafe. We went twice in five days. Everything we had there was excellent. I would recommend an overnight trip to the Grand Canyon if you have never been. Not a bad drive and SO amazing.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

If you like biking, rent mountain bikes from Bike and Bean. Definitely do some hiking - get your Red Rocks pass for parking at all the trailheads. Bell Rock is a must do. I've heard good things about Elote Cafe, but it was closed the night we tried to go. Tlaquepaque is *the* shopping spot. Pink Jeep tour up Schnebly Hill Road. We once did Schnebly Hill Road in a rental car, but I would not recommend that.

Grand Canyon for a day trip if you've never been. Use the free park shuttles to go to somewhere that isn't right by the lodge and you'll lose a lot of the crowds. You MUST hike down off the rim, at least a little ways - it's such a different perspective than standing on the rim with the hordes of tourists. Flagstaff is a nice place to stop along the way from the GC.

For the drive from PHX to Sedona, drive during daylight hours if you possibly can, because the trucks and steep grades can be kind of harrowing at night. If it's daytime, stop at Montezuma's castle.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven