Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
    Last year DD asked for some type of sherpa blanket/throw for Xmas. I got her the Costco one and it was hands down her favorite Xmas gift. This year I got one each for the other kids, since everyone wants one. Got them early too, when there was a discount ~ only $11 or $12 each. They wash well too!
    Question: Has the Sherpa held up okay? We have a Sherpa blanket that has really matted down and attracts everything in the washer. It looks gross.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Question: Has the Sherpa held up okay? We have a Sherpa blanket that has really matted down and attracts everything in the washer. It looks gross.
    I bought one at Costco years ago and the same thing happened. The color side was still soft but the white side was matted and rough so I passed that one to DH and bought myself a new one. The new one is a few years old and holding up much better than my first one. It's still soft and snuggly. Not sure if they changed them? FWIW my old one was a light green and this one is a dark blue.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    I bought one at Costco years ago and the same thing happened. The color side was still soft but the white side was matted and rough so I passed that one to DH and bought myself a new one. The new one is a few years old and holding up much better than my first one. It's still soft and snuggly. Not sure if they changed them? FWIW my old one was a light green and this one is a dark blue.
    Is it the "HYDE PARK" Velvet Sherpa Throw? This is the only one that I found at my stores. Colors are different than others listed above but it could be a coastal thing. $15.99 60x70"
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Is it the "HYDE PARK" Velvet Sherpa Throw? This is the only one that I found at my stores. Colors are different than others listed above but it could be a coastal thing. $15.99 60x70"
    Yes! That is it! It's a great throw and while it has held up fine, I'm not too worried about longevity given the price.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    We started with one Costco blanket and now we have 4. The only complaint I have is that they warm you up so well some days I have to turn the thermostat down to the 50s in my home
    We are up to seven now and have gifted that many if not more. They are everyone's favorite! They now have queen and king sized ones that are only the colored part (that makes sense if you have seen them) on both sides without any of the white fluffy stuff. I dare say we like those better...the white "sheep" part seems to trap stray strings and such but these new ones don't.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    Yes! That is it! It's a great throw and while it has held up fine, I'm not too worried about longevity given the price.
    Did you find these in the NY area this year? I checked Port Chester but didn't find them. Wondering if Yonkers might have them. TIA

ETA - does anyone have an item number? TIA

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is the one I bought. We had black, blue, maroon and tan. I bought the blue. It is a favorite in our house already!! Thanks for the recommendation!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Did you find these in the NY area this year? I checked Port Chester but didn't find them. Wondering if Yonkers might have them. TIA

ETA - does anyone have an item number? TIA
    I've bought them at the Yonkers one a few times. They had a lot of them the last time I was there a week or so ago.
    DD '06
    DD '14

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    I've bought them at the Yonkers one a few times. They had a lot of them the last time I was there a week or so ago.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    did you find these in the ny area this year? I checked port chester but didn't find them. Wondering if yonkers might have them. Tia

eta - does anyone have an item number? Tia
    item # 981921
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast