JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default State Department issues worldwide travel alert

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...vel-alert.html

Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIS return from Iraq and Syria, as well as the threat from “unaffiliated persons” planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations.

The State Department said that U.S. citizens should “exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation” and “avoid large crowds or crowded places.”

Americans are also urged to exercise particular caution during the holiday season, and at holiday festivals or events. The worldwide travel alert expires on Feb. 24, 2016.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just saw this. Makes me incredibly nervous. We have a vacation booked for Jamaica in february and I'm wondering if we need to cancel it.
    DD Spring 2010

I read somewhere else that this warning isn't all that different than the warnings that get put out fairly often, it's just getting publicized more.

Terrorist attacks are scary, but everyone posting here is still more likely to die every day in a car accident and yet most of us are likely to get into a car.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm worried as my mom is flying out here to visit us and the day she could get the best rate was New Year's Day. My local news made it sound like it was more for international travel, but I wouldn't let my guard down now any place.

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is a pretty generic warning and not too different from what has already been out there already. I wouldn't cancel anything or too much different than one would already do when traveling. As someone said, you are far more likely to get in a car accident then be affected by a terrorist attack.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

div_0305 is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmwbasye View Post
    This is a pretty generic warning and not too different from what has already been out there already. I wouldn't cancel anything or too much different than one would already do when traveling. As someone said, you are far more likely to get in a car accident then be affected by a terrorist attack.

I am a little nervous. We are leaving on a cruise next weekend. We are still going unless there is a credible threat, but I am not as relaxed about it as I once was.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.