Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default any iphone deals this week? Dropped mine

I have been using my iphone 4 for since Verizon came out with them, and last night i dropped it in the sink. It had an otterbox so barely got wet but it spent the night in a bag of rice and it hasn't come back. I don't have $600 to spend on a new 6. Any good deals, options on used or older ones?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would give it at least another day in the rice

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I dropped mine in a puddle of water with no case. I had to put it on rice for a week before it turned on enough for me to save my pictures,, etc. even then it was still working but the display was messed up.

Since you had it in an otter box, I think it's salvageable. I would power off if you haven't already, take out the SIM card, put it in rice for 2 more days and DONT try to turn it on to see if it works as tempting that may be. That can cause permanent damage if you try to turn it on when it's still wet inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I have been using my iphone 4 for since Verizon came out with them, and last night i dropped it in the sink. It had an otterbox so barely got wet but it spent the night in a bag of rice and it hasn't come back. I don't have $600 to spend on a new 6. Any good deals, options on used or older ones?
    I agree with others, keep in the rice, however you might be able to get a decent used one at Swappa. I think the site has earned a pretty good reputation, better than the risk you take on craigslist and eBay.

keckert is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    If you sign a new contract you can probably get a free one at this point?
    DD#1 2/1/05, DD#2 8/5/07, DS 11/04/09

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by krobbin View Post
    I agree with others, keep in the rice, however you might be able to get a decent used one at Swappa. I think the site has earned a pretty good reputation, better than the risk you take on craigslist and eBay.
    Agreeing with PPs ~ leave it in the rice for longer; I think I read up to 72 hours? Check online to see what's recommended. If it hasn't come back at that point, agree with checking out Swappa. I did a fair amount of research into safest/best ways to buy used or second-hand iPhones and Swappa looked like it was best for both pricing and safety/reputation. I got a great deal on an iPhone around Christmastime last year from them and had a great experience.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Bookmarking in case anyone sees iPhone deals!

for Sandy Hook

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Bookmarking. Need to replace my iPhone, as well.

My friend just got an iPhone 6 for a penny thru Staples. She has Verizon.

I think if you buy a 6S at Target, you can get a $250 gift card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast