Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Please help me with this party invitation

DDs having her birthday party at the movie theater. We will pay for the kid + 1 adult that accompany if they wish to. If they want to bring in more family, additional tickets can be bought at a discounted price of 7.50. We will serve cake, pizza and drinks to everyone that attends after the movie.

Please tell me how word this.

Thank you

The recent party at the movies, host only covered the cost of the child not the adult. But I don't want to do that at our party as I feel it's not fair to expect parents to drop off 7 year olds at a movie theater. So I would like to pay for the adult. As for wanting the families to join, I figured if one kid watches this movie the parents have to take the other kids again to the movies so the rest of the family can see the movie. This recent party entire families were there. There were some parents that dropped the kid off too. My DH took younger DD as well, otherwise we have to take both kids again to the movies for younger DD to watch the movie. This was my thought process. Their invitation didn't mention what the host will cover, I guess it was assumed the adult will pay for themselves.
    Last edited by Dream; 11-24-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: To add more info
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would say it in a polite but straightforward way. At the bottom of the invitation, I would say:

We are happy to treat one parent per party guest, if you prefer to stay for the movie. Additional family members are welcome to join us at a special discounted rate of $7.50 per person.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Please help us in celebrating DD's birthday on X date/time at X theater to watch X movie! We will provide movie tickets for DD's invited guest and one parent (or one caregiver). Additional family members are welcome to join us at the movie and can purchase tickets for a special discounted rate of $___ per ticket. Everyone is welcome to enjoy pizza, cake, and refreshments after the movie.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    Please help us in celebrating DD's birthday on X date/time at X theater to watch X movie! We will provide movie tickets for DD's invited guest and one parent (or one caregiver). Additional family members are welcome to join us at the movie and can purchase tickets for a special discounted rate of $___ per ticket. Everyone is welcome to enjoy pizza, cake, and refreshments after the movie.
    I like this but I think you can leave off the info about additional guests. I think it is implied that the party is just for the guest+1 with the first part of the wording.

Do you want whole families to come, OP?

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I think this is an important question. My response presumed that you do. But if you don't, I agree with the idea of not even mentioning people beyond the one parent you are going to pay for per child.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

I would actually make it clear whether this is a drop-off, mandatory parent attend event or optional.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like this but I think you can leave off the info about additional guests. I think it is implied that the party is just for the guest+1 with the first part of the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    I think this is an important question. My response presumed that you do. But if you don't, I agree with the idea of not even mentioning people beyond the one parent you are going to pay for per child.
    I added a bit more info to the original post. I don't mind if the entire family comes, ordering pizza and bites won't be an issue, as long as I know the count before hand. I don't want to pay the ticket price for the entire family.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I agree.

Personally, I'd drop off. Or I'd come too, if the place didn't make me want to drop her off. But, I wouldn't bring the other kids. But, I know in some areas it's very popular to bring entire families to kids birthday parties. I've never had an uninvited sibling come here...just not done.
    Kris

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

7yo is drop off in our neck of the woods