Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Both of my kids had tubes. They do sound infected. Have you called the ENT? Our lovely ENT office called us in some Ciprodex, which cleared it up right away. Hope your little one feels better soon!
    DS1-almost in Kindergarten!
    DS2-preschool

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Radswd View Post
    Both of my kids had tubes. They do sound infected. Have you called the ENT? Our lovely ENT office called us in some Ciprodex, which cleared it up right away. Hope your little one feels better soon!
    I haven't but I have been using Ciprodex for the past three days. Our ENT gave it to us after the tubes because her ears were not clearing. She had discharge for 2.5 weeks after the tubes but the Ciprodex finally helped them clear. He has kept our script up to date for us because it normally works. Maybe it is clearing and I am just not giving it enough time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope your little one is feeling better. My DD has ear tubes also and we have definitely have had up to 4 to 5 days of drainage with the ear drops before it cleared up. My ENT says if it goes longer than 5 days to bring her in because she may need antibiotics or have her ears vacuumed out if there is just so much discharge. Maybe TMI but a few times we had that crusty orange/brownish goo- but then around day 3 a white pus, then it healed quickly. Good luck!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Her ear looked better this morning, less of the brown crusty discharge, but I made an appointment for later this afternoon to have her looked at before the holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2