Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How many items do you buy off DCs santa lists?

Title says it all! This is the first year that DS1 has asked for a few 'bigger ticket' items (mostly Bruder trucks and Playmobil) and he sure ain't getting all of them! He is only 5 so fully believes that Santa's elves have the ability to make him whatever he asks for.

If I ask family to buy him some of his requests, will it matter if they are under the tree but not from Santa? How many items do you typically buy from a list?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How many items do you buy off DCs santa lists?

Mine never have big lists nor anything outlandish budget wise so I think we've bought everything. ETA- misread. Santa brings the most sought after item(s). Santa usually brings 2-3 gifts. The rest is divvied up to others, including mom and dad.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 11-29-2015 at 11:46 PM.

I definitely outsource to family members. But I let them know that family buys some of the presents on the list and Santa buys others.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our lists have been very general so far. Playmobil set, Legos, football, trains but not a specific toy.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We only do one item from Santa (or a few small items grouped together as one gift), so we don't have this issue. I didn't really plan it that way, that's just what my family always did growing up, but now I'm really glad.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We do one item from Santa. Typically not the most wanted gift though. DH and I and my parents do the rest. I typically let my parents do the most wanted gift. My kids make a list and they know that they will not get everything on the list and that a variety of people will purchase from the list.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We usually do one or two "big" things from Santa, often family gifts that are shared. It's usually the biggest "wow " gift or the physically biggest gift. This may have to change as my kids become more observant and it gets harder to bring in and hide the big stuff.

The rest of the gifts come from us and other relatives.

We emphasize that lists are just suggestions and no one gets everything they ask for.

In the past, we've done her "biggest" gift from Santa, and outsourced any other "big" gifts (namely, to Grandpa). But, this year, Grandpa's in Heaven, so her "big" items will be whittled down to one, and she will get more of her "little" gifts from others.

Actually, I take that back. This year, she's not even getting the "big" gift she wants. She wants another AG doll. DH worries that she's getting too old for them (nearly 12), and she already has a few of them, and, overall, has slowed down on her playing with them at all. I think I may have seen her AG doll this weekend when she was practicing hairstyles. So, DH and I are overriding her "big" list, and thinking of doing an xbox or similar instead.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Santa usually only brings one or two gifts, sometimes the most wanted, sometimes not. We set the expectation that you can add anything you want to your list, but no guarantees that you will be getting it, Santa does his best but is only one man! The kid's lists can be so long, and even with Santa, plus a few items from us, cousins and grandparents, it is an overwhelming amount of stuff. We try and keep it reasonable.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Same as pp. Santa only brings 1-3 gifts. It is usually whatever they talked to Santa the most about at the visit. It is fine to outsource.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast