Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default UPDATED with photos!---Help me dress DD for a big concert, pretty please?

Updating!

I finally hit the mall today, and had success at Macy's of all places. Not a place I typically shop, so I am grateful for all of the great suggestions you ladies offered. Below is the dress we went with, she will wear it with ivory tights, black flats, and a flower crown with ribbons in her hair. I think we have success!

Grace, who is 6, has been given a couple of small solos in the middle school Christmas chorus concert. She is beyond excited. My oldest is in the choir as well. I am trying to pull together an amazing outfit for her. The middle schoolers are all wearing matching embroidered medium green polos, with black pants and shoes. They are very, very strict with appearance and dress code for the concerts. This will be in front of 400+ people in the high school theater.

DD will be singing several parts in "Silent Night", and the only request for her was to wear something "angelic". I was originally looking for a formal dress in a green plaid, along with tights and black flats. I was also looking at dresses in silver or gold. It has proven impossible so far to find something I like in her size. She is a 6-7 for dresses. She is pretty fair, so I don't want to wash her out too much.

I was even considering something more offbeat, like a cute Christmas shirt/cardigan/whatever with a tutu. I'm so lost here. Please help!

This is what she wore last year for Christmas-

And this is the only thing I have found so far. I just don't think it's dressy enough.
    Last edited by kep; 12-01-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

How about something like this?

or maybe this? H+M tends to have a lot of pretty sparkly dresses. If you have one near you, you could see if they have the pink and gold dress in her size.
    Last edited by rkold; 11-30-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Gymboree has several silver and gold holiday dresses.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/girls-c...?pageClicked=0

I love the dress your DD wore last year. Where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Gymboree has several silver and gold holiday dresses.

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/girls-c...?pageClicked=0

I love the dress your DD wore last year. Where did you get it?
    I had already checked out Gymboree, (it was actually my first choice), but I didn't see anything initially that caught my eye. And her dress last year was from Gymboree too.
    Kelli

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't know, but she is beautiful! And how fun for her to get this experience!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by rkold View Post
    How about something like this?

or maybe this? H+M tends to have a lot of pretty sparkly dresses. If you have one near you, you could see if they have the pink and gold dress in her size.
    The H&M dress you linked to is awesome! It's style reminds me so much of her...sweet yet sassy. Our closest store is about 40 min away, so I will def consider it!
    Kelli

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you looked at Janie and Jack? They have lots of beautiful dresses and while expensive, they are 20% off now.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would suggest looking at crewcuts. All of the items, while pricey, are 30% off with a selection of items 40% off. They have some beautiful dresses right now. Make sure you separately look in the sale section, as well.

www.jcrew.com
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love these elephants (and an additional 15% off!), and Ebates is 10% today:

https://factory.jcrew.com/girls_clot...4436/E4436.jsp

This dress from Neiman Marcus on Thred Up is beautiful :

https://www.thredup.com/product/girl...dress/10421734
    Last edited by Mommy_Mea; 11-30-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kep View Post
    The H&M dress you linked to is awesome! It's style reminds me so much of her...sweet yet sassy. Our closest store is about 40 min away, so I will def consider it!
    You can also order from H&M online and if you spend $25 today you get 20% off and free shipping. Our closest is also about 25 minutes away since the one in our local mall closed. ~.~
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast