Default Anki Overdrive- $102 today (plus potential other cashback may bring down to $90-$95)

I was waiting for a deal on the Anki Overdrive toy for my son. Its been sitting at $150 all year. Today, Target and Amazon both have it 20% off, at $119. In addition, Target is allowing 15% off with their code for today only, Cyber15. However, it is not in stock for shipping from Target, and availability seems low. So I purchased it for $119 from Amazon, and then chatted online with their rep asking for them to price match the additional 15% off from Target. They did so as a one-time exception for me, they said. So price down to $102 before tax. If you use a DiscoverCard, you can get an additional 5% cashback on Amazon purchases right now, or if you use a Chase Freedom Visa, you can get an additional 10% cashback on Amazon purchases. (You need to sign up with your credit card for both of these promos, active through the end of the year). So potentially down to $90-$95 dollars from the original $150. It's supposed to be one of the hottest toys for the holidays this year, and has great reviews. Happy shopping!

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm on the fence about this toy---I feel like after Xmas it will go down in price or there will be good bundle deals. Amazon/Target are really going head to head on this toy--up until yesterday they were both offering a free extra car ($49) value. It just seems too overpriced right now.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you! I just did the price match with Amazon. They gave me some grief over it and the chat took forever, but I did ultimately get the "one time exception" as well. Thanks again for posting, I know my DS will love this, but I just couldn't stomach the full price.

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    I'm on the fence about this toy---I feel like after Xmas it will go down in price or there will be good bundle deals. Amazon/Target are really going head to head on this toy--up until yesterday they were both offering a free extra car ($49) value. It just seems too overpriced right now.
    They were offering a free extra car yesterday? Wow- I've been following this toy for months now, and missed that. It's always been sitting at $150 when I've checked. My son has been asking about this since he saw the earlier version demo'ed at ToysrUs last December. The current price is 30% off, so that was my sweet spot for buying. BUT my credit card dose have price protection- so I think will refund the price difference if the price drops in the next 3 months. That might cover you for post-christmas sales! But I hear you- this is a pricey little toy(!) Honestly, I think I'm buying it because I want to play with it as much my kids will, lol.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Darn you guys... i was on the fence too but i bought it.

I ended up going to target - mine had 2 in stock. it rang up $149.99 -- - then they matched the online 119.99 and THEN gave me the 15% cyber monday cause their site was down most of the morning. After redcard 5% i think it came to like $103. for me - - so i'm VERY pleased with my price - - i just hope it goes over well cause it's a pricey toy that my kids (i think) have never seen.

Now i'm wondering if i need more cars since i have 3 boys????

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    Darn you guys... i was on the fence too but i bought it.

I ended up going to target - mine had 2 in stock. it rang up $149.99 -- - then they matched the online 119.99 and THEN gave me the 15% cyber monday cause their site was down most of the morning. After redcard 5% i think it came to like $103. for me - - so i'm VERY pleased with my price - - i just hope it goes over well cause it's a pricey toy that my kids (i think) have never seen.

Now i'm wondering if i need more cars since i have 3 boys????
    LOL- sorry for enabling you I also have 3 boys, but luckily the youngest is way too small for this (although I'm sure he will disagree). I can't bring myself to buy another car-- too expensive. But if comes on some huge sale, let us know

Target and Amazon (and probably others) were doing a free expansion card with purchase of starter kit over Black Friday and through the weekend. We have the original Anki Drive and did pick up Overdrive with the free car. I highly recommend one car for each child, and even one extra for playdates or any one else that wants to play. Maybe the battery life is better on the Overdrive car, but on the Drive cars they only last a few races before they need to be charged again. But, you also must have a controlling device (iPad, iPhone, etc.) for each car, so that might limit how many cars you can get.