coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default ?s about Britax Parkway SGL

Hi ladies,
    Just got this booster seat and have a few questions...

1. I attached the back and heard a click, but there's still a little movement between the base and back. This is our first HBB so I just wanted to make sure that was normal...

2. How tight do you attach it to the car via LATCH? It's looser than a carseat right now and is that okay?

3. Do people actually use the SecureGuard clip? Sounds like it's optional and I'm already having trouble with my 7yo feeling like a "baby" in a HBB!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yup, back is loose, yup, LATCH is loose(r than an installed seat), yup, the clip is optional (as long as the seatbelt is low on the hips, if it's riding up on his belly, which I think is quite unlikely, then the clip should be shortened and used to hold the seatbelt down.)
    Boosters are a whole different animal, aren't they? It can take awhile to get used to them. The first hard brakes you make might find him flying forward an alarming amount, he's just not used to holding his body up, but pretty soon he'll learn ride with the car a little better.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Yup, back is loose, yup, LATCH is loose(r than an installed seat), yup, the clip is optional (as long as the seatbelt is low on the hips, if it's riding up on his belly, which I think is quite unlikely, then the clip should be shortened and used to hold the seatbelt down.)
    Boosters are a whole different animal, aren't they? It can take awhile to get used to them. The first hard brakes you make might find him flying forward an alarming amount, he's just not used to holding his body up, but pretty soon he'll learn ride with the car a little better.
    Thank you so much Jools...The top of the back moves forward about 6 inches! Does that still seem within normal limits?? Gah, I feel like such a new parent!

I think I used to be reassured that 'the seat moves with the child, protecting their head further out in a front/side crash', if that helps any. (Kind of liked my super super expensive long-discontinued Recaro Starts for the solid build and top tether, but once I got used to the mov-ey boosters I was ok with them )
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#