MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default where to buy bathroom hardware?

We are going to be moving soon to a new house. We will need towel bars, etc for the baths. I have not bought anything like that in >10 years. Where do you think is the best place to look for such things??- I'd like something substantial and well made in appearance and feel, but don't want to pay through the nose for a "designer name."
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Just bumping to see if there are suggestions about merits of the Home Depot vs somewhere else? TIA!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Amazon, surprisingly. I got many of our pulls and towel bars and even sinks and toilets on there! The sinks and toilets were cheaper than our plumber's cost. (As in his cost from the plumbing supply place.)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Faucet.com which is part of build.com. I have used them for a kitchen and 2 bath renovations. Great prices & great customer service.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Restoration Hardware often has a sale this time of year. Not sure if it is on now or not. Not the cheapest, but nice looking and probably better quality than big box hardware stores. They do have a wider selection of metal finishes, which I appreciate.

Or a big plumbing supply house like Ferguson's.

Be sure and keep in mind what they will mount on when you choose - some styles of hardware won't mount well in just anything, esp if towel bars or such actually get any weight - kids being monkeys, or an adult using it like a grab bar.

3isEnough is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Restoration Hardware's bathroom fixtures and accessories are made by Newport Brass (aka Brasstech). We built our house last year and have RH, Newport Brass and Kohler in different bathrooms and are very happy with all. I usually look at Faucet.com or similar and decide what I want, and then google for best prices. I bought most of my Kohler from Amazon Warehouse as open box stuff and saved a lot of money.

Thanks, super helpful…..it has been so long since I have bought this stuff. I didn't even think of faucets.com!!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.