Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you have benches in your neighborhood? I agree with the others that she is probably just wanting some time to chill away from the family while they think she is out walking. No matter the reason, I'd still be uncomfortable with it.
    DD Spring 2010

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think she is prob just sitting around reading BBB posts on her phone……JK!!

Really- at this point with all the theories, if she bothers you so much, you should ask her what she is doing and report back to us!

Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blisstwins View Post
    I think it totally reflects the differences in region and views on property. If there are not benches around, it is a utility box, and has a nice view I would not think twice about sitting on it. I live in a city, however, and almost all space is communal. People sit on stoops, lean on mailboxes, etc. etc. She is not doing anything harmful so it would not bother me.
    This is where I am. Who the heck cares if someone is sitting on something near the edge of your yard? (Is how my mind goes).
    If it bothers you, just speak to her.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    This is where I am. Who the heck cares if someone is sitting on something near the edge of your yard? (Is how my mind goes).
    The people who will point a shotgun at you! lol

I'm joking, sort of, but I did grow up in a southern, rural area. We were taught not to wander into strangers' yards. I think that's part of my reaction.

I totally want to know why she's there. *insert popcorn smiley*
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I totally want to know why she's there. *insert popcorn smiley*
    so do I! Megs, you are now compelled to go talk to her so you can report back

I find it odd. I think perching for a moment or two, cool. an hour...a half hour...anything longer than a couple of minutes...it's odd.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    so do I! Megs, you are now compelled to go talk to her so you can report back
    I agree. Anyone wanna bet?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm curious why (or if?) it's always at your house that she stops. Is it the nice view? Honestly, once or twice might not bother me (although I would find it odd), but beyond that - especially given the amount of time she stays - I think it might freak me out a little. I live in the same state (same city, if I recall correctly?) as the OP, and our neighborhoods do not really lend themselves to sitting in front of each others' homes for long periods when we don't know the homeowners. It's just not done, at least not in my neighborhood. That being said, I probably wouldn't have the guts to confront her about it either. I hope you do, OP, because we are now all very curious! Good luck! Maybe this will be the beginning of a treasured friendship and you can both look back on it later and laugh.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP is this still happening? I hope she had moved on!
    DD Spring 2010

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10