Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    My girls loved the Magic School Bus series but have outgrown it. Is there another science based DVD series for older kids you can recommend?

Thanks!
    Mythbusters?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Thanks, all! I bought Cosmos and Popular Mechanics as we are in the car for 4 hours almost every weekend so we needed some good DVD options.

I've had the Popular Mechanics DVD's in my cart for a while now and am finally pulling the trigger

Not science, but my kids LOVE "Liberty's Kids" and "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" and "Schoolhouse Rock" I've heard "Beakman's World" is good as well. They watch Bill Nye in school sometimes (rainy day recess or particular episodes for a class) and love it. They watch Liberty's Kids in social studies class sometimes too.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    Thanks, all! I bought Cosmos and Popular Mechanics as we are in the car for 4 hours almost every weekend so we needed some good DVD options.
    Have you thought about getting them Kindle Fires with Amazon Prime? You can download 20 videos at a time onto the Kindle and they last for 30 days. It would probably be cheaper in the long run since the Kindle Fire is only $50. PMK is included and DS always has a couple of episodes ready to go for car trips.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We like How It's Made, Mythbusters, and I need to introduce my kids to Bill Nye.

My kids, and DH still like Magic School......Carlos!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Have you thought about getting them Kindle Fires with Amazon Prime? You can download 20 videos at a time onto the Kindle and they last for 30 days. It would probably be cheaper in the long run since the Kindle Fire is only $50. PMK is included and DS always has a couple of episodes ready to go for car trips.
    True, but I don't want them to have their own devices yet. I also like that it's a shared experience for both kids, not each watching their own thing. We may shift to this model in the coming years as it becomes too difficult to find shows that appeal to kids with a 3 year age span.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Just as an FYI, you don't need a Kindle device to download Prime movies anymore. We've been able to download Prime shows on our iPads just fine!

I understand the hesitation on getting children their own devices, OP!

My 4yo has been loving TumbleLeaf since we exhausted all of Magic School Bus, but we'll have to check out PMK thanks to this thread!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would also recommend "Brain Games." on Nat Geo channel.

My 7 year old LOVES NOVA on PBS. You can get recent episodes on the PBS app, and there are multiple seasons available on Netflix and Amazon. It's definitely not a kids show, and there are images that might freak out sensitive kids (like the swarms of rats in the rat episode and the 1970's skeleton still in his diving suit in the cave diving episode), but my son isn't easily frightened. He and I have both learned a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    I would also recommend "Brain Games." on Nat Geo channel.
    Can you get these on an app to download?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast