Thread: Rf travel seat

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Rf travel seat

I need to get a travel car seat for DD. She just turned 3 and at her 3 yr checkup was 33lbs and 37.5" tall. I would greatly prefer a rear facing seat for her. Her normal car seat is a rear facing Clek foonf.

Is the cosco scenera next the best rf travel seat or are there any others I should be looking at?

Scenera Next only lasts until 40 inches RF and is often outgrown FF by then as well. If you are ok with that, it is a great travel seat. I have taken ours on ~8 planes and in ~10-12 different cars/taxis/SUVs since we got it last summer and am so glad we had it. Normally we use RF Nextfit in one car and 4 Ever in the other, but the Scenera next weighs a third as much and fits into almost anything you could want to put it in. There was one delta plane I had to FF because it wouldn't fit RF, but I know nothing else would have fit either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

My son has similar stats and was not happy RF in the next because it offers ZERO leg room compared to our Nextfits :-( Once he hit 3 we let him FF for travel. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have and have been very happy with an Evenflo Tribute as our travel convertible. It's lightweight and very easy for me to install. DD has been comfortable in it. However, she's probably 60th percentile for height and we had to flip her FF a few months after she turned 3 because of height limits (even though she kept RFing in her primary seat), so you probably won't get too much life out of it as a RF seat.
    Lizi

We use an evenflo sureride for travel. It's tall with tall harness slots but I don't know off the top of my head what the RF limits are. It may be a 40/40 seat but it will last a long time FF as well. My seven year old still fits in it FF.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13