Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No, I'm the slow one! I like to enjoy my dinner and savor it and chat with DH. DS will eat about 3 enormous bites then get back to playing.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD does everything slow, eating, getting dressed, going to the bathroom, EVERYTHING. It drives me batty, but I think it is an age thing.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

So, so slow. Unless it's ice cream. They inhale ice cream.

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sometimes, I'll read during dinner; I don't turn the page until they've had a bite. I do this when they're just bouncy and having a hard time settling down.

Other times, I say "dinner is over in 10minutes". if they're eating that slowly, then I figure they're not really hungry. they're just trying to finish to get dessert, or trying to avoid eating something they dont like.

Neither of my kids is going to wither away to nothing though so I'm perfectly fine with them eating a very light meal. (or even skipping it!)
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Yes, Ds1 was an extremely slow eater, though he has sped up A LOT in recent years without any prompting on my part. I never tried to change his slow eating ways because I think its far healthier than the alternative. I just planned a lot of time for meals to happen.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    DD does everything slow, eating, getting dressed, going to the bathroom, EVERYTHING. It drives me batty, but I think it is an age thing.
    LOL....actually, this is a better description of my DD too and it drives me nuts!!!
    Lizi

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My almost 6 year old is incredibly slow too! It's frustrating but I figure it's better than eating too fast.
    DD Spring 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2