sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Clek Fllo? Oobr? or other Clek seat reviews?

Does anyone have a Clek seat?

I'm in need of a convertible seat for my 10 month old 16 lbs 28" baby, and also need a seat for my 5.5 yo, 43" 40lb girl. I'm looking for seats that will last a few years for them both, and have great safety features. These came up in my search, but I don't know anyone who has this brand.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My 5.5 loves her Britax Frontier 90 (harnessed), and is very comfortable in her Peg Perego HBB 120 (although she doesn't quite get the buckling, but I didn't want another harnessed seat, and found a great deal on the Peg....I paid $20 for it after using Amazon rewards and bought it from the Amazon Warehouse....I would have probably gone with a Chicco Kid Fit had I not found that deal). If you want harnessed I would go with the Frontier 90. I found mine in the Amazon Warehouse as well for under $200 and other than a slight blemish on the arm pad I can't find a single thing wrong with it.

I do not know anyone irl who has a Clek convertible car seat. I do have co workers who like their Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible seats. It is in the same price point as the Clek seats. I do know some people who have the Clek Oobr booster (2010 or so model) and they bought it because they just had to have the best and didn't mind spending $250+ on a belted booster. It seems big and clunky though. I think there are comparable seats for less money (Chico Kidfit, Graco Apex, Britax SGL) that take up less space. I do have to say while I like the Peg booster seat I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price for it, but it is nice and well made; just not my mo to spend $200 on a belted booster, but I know people who don't even have to think twice about that or have to because they think they have an image to uphold.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have a foonf for our 3 yo dd(33lbs and 37.5" at her checkup last week). We love it and have a second in DH's car. She's been rear facing in them since she outgrew her bucket seat by height at 9 months. I'm hoping that we'll be able to keep her rear facing until either she's 4 or until the new baby outgrows the bucket seat (we have a 2003 accord and a 2014 Prius v so the seats fit rf in the middle but I don't want to be riding on the dash to have them both rear facing in foonfs when one would have to be behind a front seat).

Foonf/Fllo are really sleek and have super installs and the anti-rebound bar is great and the LATCH is nice. Kind of bulky, I feel like you'd be getting some head bonk on the top of the door in a regular car, but not a problem in a van, at all. Even the several I looked at during a mommy group seat check, they didn't complain about the height of the seat, so maybe that's just my bias (I love low, flat seats, gimme some radian, baby, except it's a pain to install and I hate the headwings...can't have it all).
    Oobr doesn't have much leg support, some kids don't care, while my kids in the Olli (backless Oobr), ended up with their feet on the vehicle seat, knees in their face, just to get any support. I did briefly REALLY want one for the third row of my van, because it's so shallow and would have allowed a lot more knee and leg room than other boosters.
    Overall, construction DOES make them worth the price, they feel like real vehicle seats, fabric is super stain-free (vacuum crumbs and wipe with damp cloth if necessary, that's all you need to do to keep them spotless..well, maybe a lint roller on the dark colors, lol).

http://carseatblog.com/31754/clek-fl...e-i-say-royal/
    http://carseatblog.com/8697/the-newe...ooster-review/
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! That helps. Jools - Do you think the Fllo would be ok in a CRV? Our infant seat expired 1/31 and I still have it in use... I am going to switch to our old Boulevard if I can't figure something else out within a week or so, but I'm trying to make up my mind. It sounds like the Oobr wouldn't be the right choice for my 5yo. I am stumped on what to put her in. She sits nicely without a harness, but I would be ok with a harness if that is safer. I was thinking HBB woudl be ok now... She has a backless booster we used as a travel seat, and she has been riding in it, but I really don't feel comfortable.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

I should think the Fllo would be fine in a CR-V. I like the super mega LATCHing side impact Turbo at BRU for 89$, it's way cushier than other Turbos (though, hmmm...might be kind of wide if you ever wanted a third person back there...). Chicco Kid Fit is pretty nice, technically has to be buckled when not occupied, even when it's LATCHed, but oh it's so cushy and easy to buckle (narrow at belt path, nice for little kids), it'd be worth it to me, anyway.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Peg Perego is very nice and my Dd2 sits very well in and I don't have to correct her for sitting and it is more padded than the Graco, but again I wouldn't pay full price for it. I would look for deals in the Amazon warehouse.

Here is the link to the Amazon Warehouse deals for the Peg, if you are okay with green it is $122, but there are a bunch of other colors and you have to click on each color to see the price for each one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...6070422&sr=8-1
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-21-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We just bought my DS a 2016 Clek Foonf on Friday. We all love it!!! He just outgrew his UPPAbaby Mesa. He's already split breastmilk on the seat and it wiped up so easily.
    DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016