Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    This is the reason that I don't understand it... It's not the parents news to share...
    Really? Because I hear parents talking about their kids' report cards all the time. Seems it has always been the parents' news to share. Facebook is just a new venue to share it in.

I've never heard anything about not sharing grades. Teachers say that now?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Never heard of this before and never seen it and would never ever do this even though my kids have great reports. Just not the same as saying good job and much more personal. We don't pass report cards around to family either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it completely obnoxious when parents share report cards on Facebook. I am super proud of my kids and brag about them plenty, but sharing report cards crosses a line. It's uncouth.

ETA: If I wanted grandparents or aunt and uncles to see report cards, I text them pictures.
    Last edited by Green_Tea; 02-02-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Green Tea, mom to three

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a couple FB friends who do it. Whatever. I think it is a bit tacky, but I'm also guessing that they aren't posting it for me. I have posted once or twice that I am so proud of my kids report cards, but that's it. My DD (who doesn't get letter grades yet) will probably never get straight A's, but she is all heart and effort and, therefore, I truly am proud of her report card. To not post about her because she isn't brag worthy seems mean. But I would never post specifics or a picture, just me. I have posted about an award DD won for good character, though...that's just as important as grades to me.

Seems like most I see on FB easily falls intooversharing, bragging, etc. I mean really why else post it for the world to see if not? This is just another instance. Eh.

Not a thing here.

Only one of my FB friends shares anything like that. She's the room mom, that's why I'm her friend. It's really not a thing here, so it's very odd. She actually posted her kid's standardized test scores. It's not done around here, so it seems like bragging about how much your bonus is...a little cringe worthy.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I was raised to be proud of my accomplishments, but not to brag. Sure, there's a time and place to toot your own horn. Report cards are not it. My mother never called her mother to say what our grades were. (and we ALWAYS had straight As--that was the expectation)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I have never thought of sharing report cards with anyone, including close family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.) let alone with distant FB friends. The only people that see report card are the child, DH, and me.

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

SO timely - I was just telling my MIL this past weekend that I gave up on FB because of the constant bragging, and the example I gave her was people posting their kids' report cards (done primarily by my BIL, her son...who brags about everything). My kids get straight As and I'm really proud of them for their effort, especially my middle schooler since he's in some advanced classes, but I can't imagine ever posting their report cards - that is so beyond my comfort level. I wouldn't say it's a "thing" here but I do see some people do it and I'm definitely not a fan.

A couple of my SILs have done this. While I do brag/post about my kids on FB grades are not something I would do. I'm not remembering any friends from my school circle going beyond "good report at conferences" or "out for ice cream to celebrate being on honor roll."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast