Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
I imagine I'm in the minority, as I don't post anything. I reshare articles. I just think it's very odd to post stuff about yourself or one's kids. I'd understand if your only friends were family - but I just don't think 100-600 people need/want to see most things people post. It all seems very self-congratulatory and self-indulgent to me.
I think you're right about being in the minority. I don't think Facebook would need to exist if people didn't bother sharing parts of your life. It doesn't have to be self indulgent or self congratulatory at all. I rarely get that give from any of the people I have on my list. I like those people and want to know what they are up to.

Do you at least comment on the articles you reshare? I have a friend who posts articles often but doesn't fill in the part that would make it interesting to me- I want them to say, "wow! Check out this cool articles on sea otters! I had no idea they could do that" or just whatever motivation you had for taking the time to post the article. People are interested in *you*. That's why they are friends with you. Odds are thru could find articles on their own, it's hearing your perspective that makes FB at all interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk