Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

OP, I have no advice but I saw this and thought of you.
    http://wwmt.com/news/health/johnson-...ype-1-diabetes
    Good luck, it sounds like a difficult situation.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok...I'm coming at this completely from a medical professional perspective...

I think you need to have a long talk with your endo about better control or loosening the range a bit overnight. Perhaps doses need to tweaked or additional meds/carbs. In a hospital setting, we do not test anyone overnight (short of them having prior dangerous levels). We last test at 10p and then do another around 6am.

Second - what is your sons role in self-care? He needs to be involved a bit, too. I know 12 is a hard age and iirc your son has attention issues (forgive me if I'm confusing you with someone else), but he needs to be in on this, too. I know 3 children with pumps who mostly self-manage, including two 8 year olds. If he isn't already, I'd really try to bring him into his own care a bit. Not into because he needs to know this care, but it may take a little of the stress off of you.

Saw this article and immediately thought of this thred as I had been reading along before but hadn't posted since I had nothing to offer. I see now that someone else had recommended this further upthred, but I really knew nothing about these dogs until I read the article. Perhaps this could be an option for you.

Hope you have managed to get more sleep since this post started.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-sniffing-dog/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4