Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't stand audiobooks. I'm a visual reader, and I get nothing if I just listen to someone reading things to me. I'm with your DH on this one. If you and the kids want to listen to a book, fine, but then I'd want to listen to my music with my ear buds.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't see any reason for your DH to feel left out. No one is excluding him from anything. To the contrary, you would like it if he joins in the group activity you all enjoy, but he's not interested. That is his prerogative, but it is hardly being left out. He's making the conscious choice to listen to his music by himself. I wouldn't change how I was doing things under the circumstances you describe.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I can't stand audiobooks. I'm a visual reader, and I get nothing if I just listen to someone reading things to me. I'm with your DH on this one. If you and the kids want to listen to a book, fine, but then I'd want to listen to my music with my ear buds.
    But the op said her dh does like audio books, he just likes to listen to them alone.

Op, I'd try talking to your dh more about it when you all are alone. Maybe there is more going on here, because his behavior just doesnt really make sense to me. Are you saying he is pouting, because you all will listen to a book, and he wants everyone to listen to his music? Or is he just saying he would rather listen to his music, so he will with ease buds?
    Last edited by abh5e8; 02-05-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3