Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default (update#23) if you can spare some mojo for a selfish reason

this Saturday i am running my 15k race. am very excited but also a bit freaked out... it is my first race in like more than a decade!! i only recently got back into running last year (only seriously training in last few months). a bit nervous since it's been sooo long since i've a done a race i have no idea what to expect (it's far off in the city, it'll be super crowded and we'll be waiting in the cold for a while). also a bit embarrassed as despite all the training i'm realllly slow runner (12-minute-per mile on a good day) and I have no real "excuse" for it (i'm thin, under 40, no asthma, etc). Seriously grandmothers powerwalk faster than i run. but no matter, i still beat everybody on the couch...RIGHT??? my goal is to complete the race in 2 hrs. i am excited for it...i just hope i don't suddenly get a terrible cramp or trip or something in the middle. eek. so if you have any mojo to spare!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 02-06-2016 at 05:51 PM.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mojo headed your way.

I am in awe that you are in that good of shape (I am neither thin nor in good shape, I am just happy if I go to the gym 3 times a week ).

I am not a runner (I always joke "Run, only when chased.")
    Last edited by ArizonaGirl; 02-04-2016 at 10:39 PM.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Rarick0 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Lots of mojo for a great race!!! I'm a slow runner too so completely understand. I always look around at races and think, Geez, where did all these fast people come from??? I bet you will be awesome!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Mojo for a great race!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Good luck and lots of mojo to you! In impressed- I've never been a runner at all and despite being thin I am in terrible shape!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Mojo coming your way!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Another turtle racer here. Think of it this way--you're doing better than everybody at the all you can eat breakfast buffet!!! Good luck!!! That's a good distance after taking some racing time off. You'll be fine, You KNOW you can finish--go for it!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Good luck! I can do a 10 min mile for 3.5 miles but after that I'm slow. During my half marathon, I was pretty much just ahead of the walkers. I should have just walked with them- they actually looked like they were having fun. . I keep signing up for stuff though. I agree with you- might be slow but at least doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mojo coming your way!! I'm a slow runner, too....just barely in front of the walkers slow. But, hey, at least we're out there, right? You got this!!

Mojo coming your way! It's great that you're getting back out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast