Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our new super capacity w/d changed our lives for the better! Pretty much all clothes get washed cold/cold. All clothes get done in about 2 loads (includes work clothes, comfy and running). Sheets and towels in another (warm).

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate doing laundry. I have enough underwear and socks to go at least 3 weeks between washings.

I have multiple sets of towels, but typically wash towels after two uses.

Color Catchers are my best friends. (I separate by water temperature - I wash my towels/sheets/underwear/socks on hot; most things on warm; and a handful of things, like bras & swimsuits, on cold.)

I wash my own & DD's clothing and towels. DH is fussy about his laundry, so he does his own. Occasionally, I'll give him a piece or two to help balance a load, but not very often as he uses scented detergent and that triggers my allergies.

ETA: I do maybe 1 or 2 loads every week, more if it's a sweaty week or we're sick.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Family of 3, we typically do 2 loads of clothes and 1 load of towels each week, then 1 load of sheets every other week. We separate colors and whites - I used to separate colors further, but stopped and nothing has every run so the yellow t-shirt gets washed with the blue jeans now, all clothes are washed on cold. DS's clothes typically get washed with ours. I used to have to do more with old machine, but I can now fit more in 1 load. CA is in a drought and I grew up in country with severe drought and water restrictions, so I do full loads otherwise it's too wasteful to me (Years of conditioning to conserve water), and I do have a HE machine, but I still won't run it if there's only a few things. The only partial load is whites. Like others we don't wash towels after one use and DH and I mostly wear jeans/pants that we can wear more than 1 time, unless we got dirty/sweaty for some reason in our work clothes. DS only gets 1 wear out of clothes as he's an active boy. DH sitting in a front of a computer for 10 hours in air conditioned office, not so much. We wear clean shirt/undershirt each day, it's just the pants that get reworn.

I can't imagine how $$ our water bill would be if we did as many loads as others.
    Last edited by niccig; 02-06-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Wow! Quite a range. Family of 5 and I average 2 loads/day. Lots of workout/sports clothes and I wash bath towels after each use and sheets 2x/week. Yes, I may have OCD...

I nearly always wash full loads and I have a large capacity HE machine. I do a TON of laundry. Two of my kids wear school uniforms and end up changing clothes after school. Their uniforms can rarely be worn twice after outside recess 2-3 times a day. My youngest is in preschool 4 mornings a week and often needs to be changed when he gets home because they are messy with paint and crafts. DH wears dress clothes to work and changes when he gets home.

I will be honest and say the washing everything in cold water thing does not work for us. I tried it and all of our clothes started getting grungy. We have very hard water and detergent doesn't work as well in cold so I reserve cold for jeans, sweaters, delicates. I try to wash jeans together separate from everything else because they do tend to turn other things grey.

I wash at least 1 load of towels a week but sometimes as many as 3 loads if the kids and DH are in the hot tub a lot. I wash kitchen towels and cleaning rags weekly separately on sanitary. I usually do a load of whites and a load of darks per week for DH and me. The three kids end up with about 5 loads total between them. Sheets get done about every other week. It ends up to be 9-12 loads a week.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    2 loads a day, 5 days a week; 4 people.
    Whoa!! That's a lot.

I actually feel good after reading everyone's posts. 4 ppl here and 4-5 times a week.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Default Poll...How Much Laundry?

It's funny, I wouldn't have thought that I do so much laundry but when I sit down and think about it....it adds up quickly. I think it doesn't feel like a lot because I'm really only busy with it twice a week and because my cleaning lady helps with the switching of loads and the folding, so it definitely lessens the job for me. Also, all our laundry is sorted as we put it in the hamper so that saves work of sorting it all before putting it in to wash.

Every Monday I do 3 loads- DH and my darks, whites for the whole family, and the kids darks. Then on Wednesdays (usually) I wash bath towels and delicates. I throw in a load of kitchen towels whenever it's convenient. And sheets are washed basically every other week.

So it's 6 loads for sure, and more when I'm doing sheets. Not bad imo. If I don't stay on schedule, it quickly piles up and becomes overwhelming. But if I do stick to my routine, it feels manageable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by happymom; 02-11-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At least one load per day, and sometimes 2-3/day on the weekends. Our dryer was out for 3 days this weekend, and it looks like a laundry Tsunami hit my house!

There are 4 of us, lots of workout and sports stuff, and my DD who wet the bed until age 6 has started up again this month associated with the stress of our family moving to a different house. If she was not wetting the bed, it would be ~7 week instead of ~10-11 leads/week.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5