Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have no idea, since we are always in a laundry backed up state. I never get around to folding the clothes on time, so then there are baskets full of washed stuff waiting to be folded and put away. Finally I got some help last week, and on Sunday this lady was doing our laundry and putting away clothes for 4 hours! She also organized the kids drawers and sorted out outgrown clothes. She found some 2T/3T shirts in DS's stuff

So now that we are all caught up, and I have this help, I am hoping that it wont pile up. But I know we do a large number of loads and we have the biggest capacity washer/dryer. A big chunk of it is the kids clothes of course, since they go in the wash after just one wear, even pjs that they wore only one night.

I know I could easily do a load a day if I didn't sort anything.
    Last edited by Myira; 02-05-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

I feel like I do a lot less laundry than most of you! We're a family of 4, and I can usually take care of all our clothes in 3 loads. Sometimes DH will do a separate load of just things he needs washed right away. Also, I don't know that I do all the laundry every week. Clothes are probably more like every 10 days. We have lots of towels and multiple sheet sets, so I feel like sheets and towels get done more like every other week or every third. I definitely do laundry every week, but not daily, and not very many loads. I've started separating out darks and lights for the children, because DS's jeans seem to make things dingy, but I usually wash everything together on cold. Towels and sheets get washed on hot. I guess I probably average 3 loads each week or 4 loads every 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are a family of 3 humans and 2 dogs and I do a load of laundry every night. DD is a swimmer tho and swims 3 days a week after school and often has weekend meets so she has towels and suits always needing washing. And DH and I both exercise nightly, and our clothes STINK and are sopping wet after an hour on the elpitical trainer, so those have to get washed pretty soon after wearing (even though I dry them out on a rack before washing them). Then depending on rain and snow, the labs get dirty so we have dog towels that get washed. Our cleaning lady does our sheets and towels so I am not even counting those.

Family of four with a toddler and I don't do that many loads a week...a few a week, maybe? One thing that helps keep the laundry down is not washing pajamas and jeans/pants after only one wear. Unless it is humid, summer weather, I don't wash towels after only one use either so these two things probably help keep the laundry "load" lower. It feels wasteful to wash things that seem not to be dirty so I try to be thoughtful about what gets washed.
    DD '06
    DD '14

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The kids' and my clothes add up to at least 3 loads a week. Towels/sheets can add an additional 2-4 loads, and DH does 1-2 loads of his own clothes a week. I don't sort and I cram my large-capacity washer as full as I can. I HATE folding laundry and like a PP, I am always behind. My guest room bed is piled with clean laundry and more often then not I just dig through that to find the kids' outfits. I also tend to wash sheets and then put them right back onto the beds.

DH (bless him) just trained our DDs to fold towels right out of the dryer and put them away. In about a year we'll start DS in on it too.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are a family of five and I do 8-10 loads per week. It's the workout clothes and sports gear that add up. I try to get to the gym or play tennis most days, and my kids have martial arts, and play baseball and tennis. My husband is really the only one who gets things dry cleaned, save an occasional dress or blouse of mine.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    We are a family of 4. I make DH do his own laundry. DH says I'm the only wife he knows who doesnt do her husbands laundry, but whatever...he complained once about how I fold clothes so I just said then do your own! I work too so I dont see why I should have to do his laundry on top of everything.

I would say on average I do 3 loads of laundry a week between myself and 2 kids. DH probably does another 2 a week...so 5 loads.
    My dh wishes he could do his own laundry! Often there are clothes in the dryer and if most don't get folded immediately, they wrinkle. If I don't pull them out really soon after the cycle ends, I turn the dryer back on for another 10 min to de-wrinkle them. He's not willing to do that or fold. He just wants to chuck it in a basket. Since I vetoed that, he doesn't do his laundry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

About 6 loads of laundry a week for a family of 4.

for Sandy Hook

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

A load every day or two.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    We are a family of 4. I make DH do his own laundry. DH says I'm the only wife he knows who doesnt do her husbands laundry, but whatever...he complained once about how I fold clothes so I just said then do your own! I work too so I dont see why I should have to do his laundry on top of everything.
    I do the laundry in our house but DH does more cooking and most dishes. Division of labor.

We have a family of 4 and we do 3 loads of clothes a week (1 of DH & mine and 2 of the kids - ODS does 1 load mid week and I do one on the weekend). We do the sheets (2 loads) and towels on the weekend, every week for towels and about every other week for sheets.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast