Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jray is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default My last stroller ever...need advice on lightweight stroller for toddler

I'm a complete stroller snob. I've had four kids and 19 strollers. (Ha!) I just sold my Baby Jogger Versa and bassinet to a friend, and I'm trying to sell my Vue. Going to miss my Versa so much, but it's more stroller than I really need now. I still have my Bob for the football fields with big sibs, but want something lightweight and super easy for travel. My baby is 19 months old now and I will need a recline. Other than that, I'm big on steering. I must be able to push with one hand. A quality sunshade is also essential.

So my contenders:
    ICoo Pheonix (don't know much)
    Inglesina Trip
    Maclaren Quest (owned one before)
    Mountain Buggy Nano
    Quinny Zapp
    Bumbleride Flight
    UppaBaby G-luxe
    Mamas and Papas Armadillo
    Bugaboo Bee
    What am I missing?

This is the last stroller I will ever purchase. I want something that excites me. Please help a sister out!

UPDATE: I had a chance to get to BuyBuyBaby today to test drive a few of the strollers on my list. I was pleasantly surprised by the G-Luxe. It was super soft, had a great extended shade, and pushed well (even with my 65-lb daughter who helped me test drive). This is definitely a contender.

I was a little disappointed with the Nano. It was compact, but so hard. Both the seat and backrest felt like sitting on boards. I ruled this one out pretty quickly.

I liked the Quest, too. I've owned one before and love the steering. It's hard to beat Maclaren steering.

The Flight, Trip, and others weren't available in the store. The guy helping me liked the Summer 3D. I agree it had great features, but couldn't get excited about it.
    Last edited by jray; 02-07-2016 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Update on stroller test-drive!

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a flight and I do like it, but it's not a one handed push at all

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know if will be exciting enough for you but lightweight,one handed and big canopy immediately makes me think City Mini or similar like the Britax version. The Snap might also qualify.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I vote Mac quest or g-lux or a snap. Not the most exciting, but I think they would totally meet your needs.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

The Bee. Mine was my last stroller purchase ever and I wish I would have had it longer. So many accessories that make it so fun and usable. The Breezy canopy is awesome for summer. The high performance footmuff is the best I've ever used. My daughter loved the snack tray. It's easy to fold. Light to lift. But full of features. I went down to the Bee and a Chariot and was finally in stroller nirvana.

This is how my Baby Jogger Vue is. It's decent, but heavy and hard to push. The Flights are so beautiful, though. Love that green color.
    Me DH + 4 kiddos (10, 9, 7, and baby boo)

I've always been obsessed with the Bees, but I just realized they are 20 lbs. Looking for something lighter, but I agree, it's so adorable!

Default Is this possible?

I will admit, my dream lightweight stroller would also have a bumper bar. Know of any?

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Look at the snap. Light with bumper bar. Great push.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

babyzen yoyo

But bee+/3 is so so awesome - it folds up small so it's easy to throw into the car, room for even the biggest kids and the push is just dreamy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast