Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my Quest. I can't believe I waited until baby #3 to get one. it is so easy for travel and to throw in the car. I would have loved a Bee but it was too heavy for travel. Plus, I would have been stressed checking an expensive stroller.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

jray is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have owned a Maclaren Quest, twice, love the push! I even pushed my eight-year-old around in the store, and there was just no comparison to the other strollers. I also like the heavier weight limit, up to 55 lbs, on the Maclaren.

My only concern with the Valco Snap is that I won't get a chance to try it out before I purchase. Also, the Valco also has a 44 pound limit. The Babyzen YoYo really excites me, but it also has a lower weight limit of 33 lbs. Should I worry about this weight? I would need a stroller until my little guy is around 4 years old.

I am also starting to look at the Maclaren Globetrotter. Any input on this one? I love the huge sunshade, and the 10 pound weight. This could be an ideal situation for me.

Since this is my last baby, I'm not sure I could justify the price of the Bee, which I would've purchased sooner in my breeding process. Ha!
    Last edited by jray; 02-13-2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Typos needed fixed, like bad. :)

Oh my goodness, just stumbled upon the Quinny Yezz and it looks so cool! Plus, my little guy's nickname is Quinny. Lol! Monogrammed stroller?

The problem is that I can't find a lot of reviews and it doesn't seem to be sold many places. Hmmm. Thoughts?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The 2016 yoyo has 40lb weight limit. 40lb is average 4 yo boy. Also stroller weight limits are not hard and fast like car seats. Also look at mountain buggy nano and recaro easylife

I really like the Snap 4. I added the air tires and ditched my Summit. It is my all in one now.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

I'm definitely back to the page of either the Valco Snap 4 or Maclaren Quest.

I've been able to rule out the others, except these two are newer to me so I'm definitely curious to learn if anyone has experience with either the I'Coo Phoenix or Inglesina Trip or Inglesina Net. Phoenix and Trip offer a bumper, and the Trip is lightweight. (The Phoenix is heavier than what I'd like, but would consider it.) Anyone try these and have input on the steering? Inglesina also comes with a raincover, which seems cool. I've also heard about the Goodbaby GB QBIT Stroller, but know nothing about it.

http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/prod...ech/1043783465
    http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/prod...eyword=i%27coo
    Last edited by jray; 02-18-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    Me DH + 4 kiddos (10, 9, 7, and baby boo)

Lightbulb Update on QBit

So I had a chance to test drive them GB QBit tonight. Loved the one-handed push, and super cool and compact fold. However, the stroller itself was hard as a rock. The back was like flimsy cardboard. My guy was in a mood and refused to sit in it. So I'm not sure. My mom is going to watch him soon so I know I need something lightweight, compact, and easy...yet something I would trust others with (ha!) and not afraid to gate check.

MADE A PURCHASE...

Holy cow. I ordered the Nuna Pepp in sand. Totally blind purchase, have never taken it for a test drive...but I love the look of it. I also purchased it at Nordstrom, so thankfully they have free returns if I hate it. Then, I'll be back to my anguish. I realize the one-hand push is more essential than anything for me. So let's hope this one works. I saw in a review the straps are buggy, though.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nuna-pep...resultback=202

Just thought I'd send an update. Ha!
    Last edited by jray; 02-19-2016 at 10:05 AM.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Let us know how you like it!

Update on Nuna Pepp! I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! Nordstrom emailed me to say they no longer had the item, so I purchased from Albee Baby. Love that store, so it worked out well.

The Nuna Pepp arrived this week and I was instantly hooked. Out of the box, it was already assembled with the exception of the hood. It took me a second to figure out this out, but once I did it made perfect sense. The fabric (I got "sand") is very pretty, comfy, and seems well-made. The stroller itself just has a really cool modern look to it and it's not common around here at all, so I like that's something different. It's heavier for an umbrella(ish) type stroller, but still totally manageable (and lighter than my others.) My mom lifted it and felt it was heavy, but she's a weenie. lol!

Steering
    Overall, the Pepp steers and pushes very well! Even with my 19 month old in it, I could steer with one hand and turn tight corners. I'm glad I went for the single handlebar. As a tip: I find it steers better when the adjustable handlebar is pulled out a little more.

Recline
    The recline is decent for a baby who needs to sleep. The zippers are a little funky to get used to. I like the way they look, although not sure on functionality. Sometimes they get caught when trying to zip the backseat up. I haven't played with this feature much with an actual sleeping baby, so I'll let you know. My guy loved how it sits upright, though!

Harness
    I agree with other mamas who mentioned the harness straps could get annoying. The 5-pt harness has a 3-pt harness option. I do think this will be nice when he's getting in and out of the stroller more often (or simply getting taller), but I predict already I'm going to have a heck of a time getting him in the stroller if he's feeling anything less than happy about it. If he arches his back or protests, I'm in trouble. There's definitely an extra step to click the pieces together.

Sunshade
    Shade is surprisingly decent. There's an extra flap that gives baby more shade. Haven't had a sunny day yet to test it out, but the sunshade is high-quality and seems functional enough. It's not as big as the others, though.

Fold
    The stroller folds in half, and fast! The first time I did it, the basket came out from underneath and hit me in the shin. It hurt so much! Lesson learned, fold it from the side. That said, the fold is so incredibly flat! This stroller will fit in a tight space, which I appreciate. Once folded, I love how you can roll it with the handle.

Others
    The basket was decent enough for what I need. I'm not a big shopper in person (prefer online) so it would work for quick trips and errands. Also, I need to figure out a cupholder situation, so I'll keep you posted.

Overall, I'm very "judgy" of strollers at first glance. I look for a reason not to love them (ha!), but that's because I've owned 22 now in my 11 years of children. I'm super picky, but I just say this one is a keeper! Plus my baby loved it, so that was a huge plus.

Hope this is helpful for someone looking for a single stroller, semi-lightweight, but ultra cool.
    Last edited by jray; 02-26-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Quick update & minor typos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2