Default New! Zippy search function debuts today!

Hi everyone! Good news! We have debuted a great new feature: a much-faster and accurate search function!

If you look up in the purple navigation bar, you'll see a box with "search forums" in it. Give it a spin!

This new search engine is actually a beta from a new company called Threadloom. The Baby Bargains Board forums are the FIRST to use Threadloom's search engine, so feel free to share your feedback on this.

A few points about the new search engine:

• Threadloom replaces vbulletin's basic search—it can return results in under a second, while the old engine often took . . . forever!
    • You can still run an advanced search: see the triangle drop-down for Advanced Search. The Advanced search is with the old vbulletin engine.
    • Hint: you can search for all posts by a user. Example: to find all the posts by Joules on Britax, type in user:joules britax

And even more news: there will be improvements launched to the search engine every few weeks.

Please share your feedback by replying to this post—or hit the question mark at the bottom of the search engine results!

Thanks!
    Alan & Denise Fields
    Baby Bargains
    Last edited by alandenisefields; 02-12-2016 at 05:50 PM.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Great! It also accurately search for a three letter string, which I believe the old search was unable to do.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    Great! It also accurately search for a three letter string, which I believe the old search was unable to do.
    Hmm, didn't work for me and still took several seconds. I searched for "cat" and got back "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search."
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)