wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Seats for 8 and 6 yr olds

I'm returning from a work trip today and need to reinstall my kids seats (traveled w supplies so needed my seats folded down). Until this week both have been in HBBs. DD1 is 8.5yr and ave height and weight. DD2 turned 6 in Dec. and she's prob just barely 40lb. Would you keep them both in HBBs? Go to LBB for DD1? Both kids struggle with buckling the seatbelt because the bases of whatever seats we have (affix, harmony) must be just wide enough that they rest up against where the buckle comes up from the seat. DD2 cannot buckle herself in and it drives me bonkers. The seatbelt also slides out of the shoulder piece of the affix constantly.

The culture in my town is to get kids out of any type of seat as soon as possible so I'm an outlier with our seat use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

What did you end up doing? I'm good with backless as long as they can keep the shoulderbelt on their shoulder (about 6, usually, with maybe some reminders).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have DD1 in the Harmony HBB and DD2 in the Affix still. I'd had DD1 in a FR80 converted to HBB just because I liked that it was latched in, but she's SOOO much happier in the Harmony and it hasn't moved at all even when it's not buckled in.

There's the potential we might start carpooling one of DD1's friends for a sporting practice and if so, I might switch DD1 to a backless to make room for a 3rd kid in my CRV (that child is waaaay tall for her age and I don't think uses a booster at all anymore).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

If anyone is heavy enough (60lbs minimum), the Safety 1st Incognito is super light, narrow, unbooster-y for carpooling, we have really cherished ours for inconspicuousness and ease of use
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#