Thread: infant car seat

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default infant car seat

Hi! I'm so excited to help my sister register for her first child. I bought a graco 35 car seat when my middle was born 5 years ago. Is Graco still a good choice? Chicco? Anything else?

Thanks!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

I don't like the baby bucket type seats. We went with a Chicco NextFit for our last baby, and it's worked very well. It was cozy when she was tiny and still works now that she's almost 2.

Default infant car seat

We had a chicco KeyFit and loved it. I know people who use and like the newer Graco seats too.

Edit: we started with a convertible in our secondary vehicle, but loved the convenience of the infant seat for the more frequently used vehicle. I did a fair bit of baby wearing, but was still very glad to have the bucket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 03-03-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We also prefer a convertible. I used a cocorro, and plan to use it this time as well. We then move to a RF radian, which by then can be a little more upright.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I loved the infant bucket, but both my kids were winter babies so it was really nice to be able to get them all settled into the car seat in the house/school/store and then just pop the seat in the base in the car. We had the Keyfit 30 and loved it. I have heard good things about the newer Graco seats and the Britax infant seat.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Yup, Graco or Chicco are still good (though Graco has really cheapened their bases, even some of the 'LX' models that are supposed to be better have a removable---read: easy to lose!-- recline foot). Spend some good time looking at the stroller if she wants a travel system, make sure it's something that is easy to fold (most are really nice, now, but some are behemoths) and she wants to use for a few years. Or steer her towards a higher end stroller with an adapter bar for a car seat. Make sure that any Graco options you look at are for "Click Connect" which is their new attachment system, some old "Classic Connect"-only bars are still around.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#