Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default 4 yo complains of Frontier not being comfortable?

I just switched my newly 4 yo to a Britax Frontier because I need her current convertible (First Years True Fit) for DD2. She was super excited about the switch and her snazzy new seat. But, on the first ride and every time she's been in it since, she's complained about the carseat not being comfortable. Specifically, she hates the crotch strap. She says it's too wide and hurts her legs. She's not complaining it's too tight/pressing on her (and although it's on the "smaller" setting, she definitely has room, so I don't think that's the issue), but that it pushes her legs too far apart. I think she's just used to the much narrower strap on her old seat.

Any suggestions to make her more comfortable? Can I remove the "cover" on the crotch strap? I did buy the seat from Amazon w/ free returns, so I can return it if I have to. I hate to start my search over again and I'll be sad to give up the Clicktight (although I'm a little concerned it doesn't actually get as tight in the seat as I'd like...) but I'm not keeping a seat as expensive as the Frontier if she's not comfortable.

She never complained about her old seat and she was excited about this new seat, so I think it's a legit complaint and not just kid complaining. She's slightly taller than average and about average weight and I think her legs are pretty normal sized -- or skinny -- so it's not like she's got super chunky legs, either. I've tried the seat in both the reclined and upright position but got complaints both times.

If I need to start over...what seat to try next? I've heard good things about the Recaro Performance Sport, but the crotch strap on that one looks largish, too...?
    Lizi

kit is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We don't use the cover on the crotch strap so I would definitely try removing it first to see if that fixes the problem. We love the Frontier and the clicktight gets the seat so much tighter in there than I ever could with a latch install. Good luck!