Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Can I loan this booster?

A friend asked me if I have a booster to loan her for a few weeks while her nephew is visiting. They are coming from India and I know she's not the type to research too much, especially given it's a short visit. Given that, do you think it's okay for the kid to use one of these graco nautilus seats with the harness? I think the seat is six years old.
    http://download.gracobaby.com/Produc.../PD101777C.pdf

The child will be 2 years 9 months, 36 inches, 30 lbs.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Those have long expiration dates (we had one.). That child should be fine in that seat.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

A 6 yo nauti was probably before they were good for 10 years, but for a short trip, if it's your own well-cared-for seat, I'd fudge on the expiration date a little (they changed nothing about the plastics or anything, just poof, the seat went from 'good' for 6 years to 'good' for 10 years overnight). It is probably also among the recalled models for a sticky buckle, make sure the buckle is smooth to undo, and set the harness up to the right height for her (probably third from the bottom for that age kiddo? Or just do it in the top slot and raise/lower the headrest as appropriate, that's another change they made on nautis...they are now always in the top slot and the headrest goes up and down, no rethreading ever necessary!).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! That's helpful.