Default Extended rear facing (extreme edition)

My younger daughter is 7 and a half, and finally hit 45 pounds, so we turned her Radian XTSL forward facing. She is 46.5 inches tall. She has known for a long time that she would turn around at 45 pounds, and has been okay with it. I explained to her that this was the safest way to ride and that I paid extra for a seat that would work rear-facing for longer.

She has been forward facing in the other car in a Marathon for well over a year.

No more rear-facing babies in my house.

so if your kids complain about being in a carseat you can tell them you know a crazy lady who kept her seven year old rear-facing.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

That's impressive!!! Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I thought it was good my DS is still fitting into his harness at almost 7. Wow.
    DS 6/09

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow! And she must be all legs to fit in there by height - my kids outgrew at around 43" since they're all torso.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How does that even work? Are her legs just bent up to her chin the whole time she is in the car?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I should have taken a picture before we switched her. In the Toyota Sienna her carseat is in a captains chair so she can hang her legs over the side, or put them straight up the back of the seat (we had it reclined some to give her more room). In the Honda Accord with the Marathon she could hang them over the sides or sit criss-cross-applesauce. I have never seen her sit with her knees up to her chin.

I was determined to get my money's worth out of that expensive seat, and I sucked every moment of possible rear-facing out of it.

Let me tell you about my 13 year old who prefers a high-back booster for long trips so she can sleep . . .
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

You always win the award for taking it to the max, you're even an inspiration to ME, since I only rf'd my kids to 3/4 and harnessed to 6-7 and boostered till 11, lol.
    That's great, though, I'm really proud of you for sticking to your guns I had a 7 yo I was babysitting, and when I realized he was only 49lbs and 49 inches, and I could RF him in one of the huge safety 1st seats or the new Gracos that go to 50lbs with the leg extender, I was pretty excited
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#