Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
I love mine - I got the Surge about a month ago on recommendation from my doctor. I find it almost impossible not to reach 10,000 steps. Yesterday my Fitbit died so I didn't have it on until 2 pm. I still reached 10,000 steps (prior to wearing it, I did an Orange Theory class and walked the dog two miles). I wonder if mine is over counting my steps. On weekends I will have close to 20,000 steps.
I think it is or maybe mine is really off, but I am on my third one and it seems like my step count is pretty consistent. I walk three flights of stairs up and down at least three times a day (the only time I use the elevator is coming and leaving work), then walk around the office a bit to get water, put food in the fridge, go to the bathroom or other meetings and if those other meetings are on a different floor I take the stairs as well (our building is only 8 stories) and then the random stuff I do at home or when taking the kids places and on a normal week day with no extra walking I might hit 5000 or maybe 6500. I will hit 7500 or 8k if I go to the gym. When I am out all day at a theme park or convention or at a concert and dancing (the flex likes arm swings), which usually includes walking to the car those are the only days that I have hit 18k steps. My Dd1 took it to her school fit a thon and she hit 10k steps, but she was way more active than I am, but she was also 9 yrs. old.