Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I love mine - I got the Surge about a month ago on recommendation from my doctor. I find it almost impossible not to reach 10,000 steps. Yesterday my Fitbit died so I didn't have it on until 2 pm. I still reached 10,000 steps (prior to wearing it, I did an Orange Theory class and walked the dog two miles). I wonder if mine is over counting my steps. On weekends I will have close to 20,000 steps.
    I think it is or maybe mine is really off, but I am on my third one and it seems like my step count is pretty consistent. I walk three flights of stairs up and down at least three times a day (the only time I use the elevator is coming and leaving work), then walk around the office a bit to get water, put food in the fridge, go to the bathroom or other meetings and if those other meetings are on a different floor I take the stairs as well (our building is only 8 stories) and then the random stuff I do at home or when taking the kids places and on a normal week day with no extra walking I might hit 5000 or maybe 6500. I will hit 7500 or 8k if I go to the gym. When I am out all day at a theme park or convention or at a concert and dancing (the flex likes arm swings), which usually includes walking to the car those are the only days that I have hit 18k steps. My Dd1 took it to her school fit a thon and she hit 10k steps, but she was way more active than I am, but she was also 9 yrs. old.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't own one, but heard on the news this morning that the Fitbit Charge saved a man's life!

http://6abc.com/health/doctors-say-f...life-/1285308/
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I don't own one, but heard on the news this morning that the Fitbit Charge saved a man's life!

http://6abc.com/health/doctors-say-f...life-/1285308/
    Dh was just telling me about this, the day before he gave me the gift, LOL.

My steps are up to 9400, and I've burned over 1300 calories. I am really not sure about this thing! I've done nothing out of the ordinary. Yah I took the dog for a walk but it was a walk. It will be interesting to see what it says after 3 days at Universal Orlando!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    On weekends I will have close to 20,000 steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That part does sound high to me, but then again, my highest day ever was 21k and you may just be much more active than me. I think DH has reached 28k when he ran 12-13 miles and then spent the rest of the day doing a lot of yard work. I would check the number, then take 10 steps, stop and see what it registers. I always get 10-11 steps.

Two boos My step count is higher when I walk than when I run the same length. My stride is longer when I run so less steps needed to cover the same distance.

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ok, I broke my record today. My charge HR says I walked 22k steps. To translate, I walked 80+ blocks and did an hour spin class. This has been my highest step count since January. I'm not quite sure how the spin class worked in step-wise. But I do feel like I had an incredibly active day, the chatge marked me as moving over 250 steps every hour, and I really was on the go from 7am to 11pm. This isn't an amount of steps I'd be able to keep up with regularly.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    Wow. That's really impressive. I have to really consciously try to get to 10,000, especially during the work week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    Wow! The best day I have had was around 18,000 steps, and that was with a 3.5 mile run and a long hike with the family.
    Sunday I ran 6.2 miles (10K) and did housework and only hit 15000. A typical work day, if I don't run at least 3 miles that day, I won't hit 10K.

I do wear mine on my non dominant hand, as it instructs, and I do find that sometimes it counts arm movements as steps (especially notice this when I'm doing things like scrubbing the bathroom).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i have Fitbit Charge HR. i like it. i use garmin for running but i really like the heartrate info.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    A typical work day, if I don't run at least 3 miles that day, I won't hit 10K.
    Yes, this!!!

It really really depends on where you live and lifestyle (walking vs. driving). I live in suburban TX and thus, MUST drive everywhere. There is no way around it. I also spend 9+hrs a day at work (including some driving there/back). As a result, the only steps i get are at work or at home when i do housework. My job is pretty sedentary, the only walking i get is back and forth from labs and conference rooms. I think if you're a SAHM with a big house I can see getting tons of steps everyday just from doing regular housework and errands.One day over winter break I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing the house for guests and i got 15k steps, and i didn't even go running or anything. that was very unusual for me though,bc i never have the time to do that on regular basis.

For me, I just run pretty regularly so i don't really check my daily step count anymore. I do get 85k+ steps per week but i definiteyl don't get 10k every day. On typical work day, if i don't go running, i get maybe 5-6k steps... Most of that is walking around at work and to/from parking lot. If i do a 3mi run at lunch or after work, i typically get 12-13k steps per day. My highest step count was on Saturday this weekend when i ran a half-marathon (13.1 miles) and it was 34k steps. So, in a nutshell, i really really have to try hard to get above 10k.

not sure how i feel about the 9-5 feature with 250+ steps every hour. it's pretty meaningless to me as during that tim'e at work so obviously the least active (or on weekends, i usually do my workout before that). i often hit 20k+ steps and have only 2 or 3 of those hours with 250+steps. if i have to sit in a meeting for an hour or more, i can't exactly take steps during that time. or, after running 10 miles, i often want to spend 1 or 2 hours afterwards vegging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2