Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I called and was told that any room with 2 queen beds is fine. We have to bring bedding, etc for a kid on the floor, but it's allowed and doable. I don't know that we can swing $500/night for a suite just to have a bed for everyone, or get 2 rooms for about that same price. It's only a few nights and the kids can take turns on the floor.
    Kris

We are planning a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons next year as well, so I appreciate all the info here.
    If anyone has been there, I am debating between the Old Faithful Inn and the Yellowstone Lake Hotel. Its just the 3 of us, and DS will be 4. Any reason I should pick one over the other?
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I called and was told that any room with 2 queen beds is fine. We have to bring bedding, etc for a kid on the floor, but it's allowed and doable. I don't know that we can swing $500/night for a suite just to have a bed for everyone, or get 2 rooms for about that same price. It's only a few nights and the kids can take turns on the floor.
    With the ages of your kids, I'd pile them all in one queen. We've done it with our 3 - ages 7, 9 and 17. It works. We try for a suite, but sometimes it's just not in the cards. They all hate the cots and would rather pile in one bed.

Totally take old faithful over lake. Do look at the cabins at old faithful-they are big and roomy. The rooms at OF can be small but you cannot beat that location!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Totally take old faithful over lake. Do look at the cabins at old faithful-they are big and roomy. The rooms at OF can be small but you cannot beat that location!!
    Do you mean the Old Faithful Lodge Cabins or the Old Faithful Snow Lodge Cabins?
    Kris

Either ones probably. We stayed in the OF Lodge Cabins and the Canyon Lodge cabins--very nice. I have stayed many times in the Old Faithful Inn and prefer the cabins.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Thanks. At the Old Faithful Lodge, the ones with 2 double beds don't have bathrooms. The ones with bathrooms have a double and a single. I think they'll be tight for us.

Snow Lodge cabins look like they would work.
    Kris

Good--I guess they do still have some of those old holdover cabins. I wonder if the Inn still has the rooms where the bathroom is down the hall?? For 6 years growing up, Yellowstone was our go to place and I have taken lots of friends there over the years. I also worked at OF Lodge for a summer. Fun memories.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

I booked 2 nights at Old Faithful Inn and 2 at Canyon Lodge. I might change the Inn to the Snow Lodge cabins. I like the idea of the Inn though.

It took me nearly an hour to get through.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2