Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went Friday and took our 2 neighbors. SO we had 2 10 year olds, an 8 year old and a 6 year old. There were scary parts. The only one I was worried about was the neighbor who is 6. But she was fine. No crying or anything, but she said she did cover her eyes at parts of it.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

my kids have seen and love the original - it's such a sweet movie. the previews for the new version look too scary, IMO. no way would I take my DD as she's only 3.5, but even DS at 7 would I think be quite freaked out
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We actually saw it a week ago - - we won premier tickets through a local tv station - - so we saw it with the press seated behind us!

AND we saw it in IMAX & 3D!

I loved it - but with imax and 3d it was INTENSE at parts. My 8 & 10 year loved it.... my (not sensitive) 6 year old said it was too scary. Honestly i think he liked it, but won't admit it. He's been pretending that he is Mowgli for the last week

I took two 8 year olds. They were just fine even though they are sensitive to scary films. I don't think I'd take a sensitive child younger than 6 though.

I took my 7 and 5 year olds to watch it on IMAX 3-D. Both were fine. But they usually donot get fazed by movies. DS2 did request to hold my hand but was fine after. No nightmares. Both have seen tigers in the wild on an elephant safari. It is definitely intense. They have been trying to swing on our low oak branches like Mowgli since then
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just saw it yesterday, my DDs are 5 & 7 and they both we scared. They were burying their heads lot of the times.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Thanks for the input! I think I'll let DD2 go, but not DD3.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we saw the movie last weekend. my kids (6 and newly 5) LOVED it. And DH & I loved it too..thought it was pretty well done. I was worried it would not be up to snuff compared to the original (which the whole family loves), but I was impressed.

My kids are on the sensitive side (they hate loud sounds and cringe at hand dryers in the restroom) but they were OK for this one. 5yo DD had to sit in DH's lap for the last 10-15 min of the movie, but that was it. they watched it to the credits are over and walked out of the theater asking to get the soundtrack (which, along with the original soundtrack) has been playing in our house/car for the past week.

there are definitely some scary parts (mostly involving the tiger, and then later king louie). My kids LOOVE monkeys though, so they were willing to suck up any fear to watch the movie

They had seen the original a few times, knew the songs, were familiar with the characters and we had watched several trailers/clips of the new version prior to watching it..so i think that really helped them, for knowing what to expect.

i will say in this version there are several more graphic/scary scenes (mostly with the tiger) vs. the original. there was more drama/tear-jerker moments too though. overall we loved it.

eta: while there were scary scenes, it was definitely a lot less scary/suspensful than Jurassic World, which i could tell freaked my DS out.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-01-2016 at 10:16 PM.

My girls used to be big chickens, and they've gotten much better (I've mentioned before, they once cried at Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Backyardigans was too scary.) Anyway, they loved TJB. We saw it in 3D. If you know the story, which they do, you know what is coming. The one death of a "good" character was quick and bloodless. Our whole family loved it, including DH. My girls will be 8 next month.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mine are 8 and 4 and they both loved it. They don't scare easily though. My 4 year old had no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2