elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Book about Nature/Fairies/Woodland Creatures for 7 Yr Olds?

I want to give a little book that is either about nature or is a story with nature as part of its element, such as camping or exploring, as a party favor for a nature party. I also would like recs for books about fairies and woodland creatures or similar. I might do fairy houses and critter houses crafts at the party. Would like the books to be $7 or less.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

There is a series called "Sophie Mouse" by Poppy Green that are beginning chapter books about a mouse, frog and snake who are friends. They go on adventures in the woods. Very cute- both my 2nd grade girl and K boy enjoy them as they aren't super girly and have some boy main characters along with Sophie. My second grader reads them on her own. Think they are $4-5 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I want to give a little book that is either about nature or is a story with nature as part of its element, such as camping or exploring, as a party favor for a nature party. I also would like recs for books about fairies and woodland creatures or similar. I might do fairy houses and critter houses crafts at the party. Would like the books to be $7 or less.
    DD1 is really into the Rainbow Magic Fairies books right now. Some of those touch on the camping/nature aspects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ow_Magic_books See the Earth Fairies , the Weather fairies, the Ocean fairies lists in there.

You can get those for ~ $5 a piece on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+fairies+ocean
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There's a series called Owl Diaries that at least nominally touches on nature. They're fairly cheap on Amazon right now, too (under $3/book).
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You could also go with a fairy or nature themed coloring book- I searched for fairy coloring book on Amazon and came up with a lot of options under $5. Those more intricate patterned coloring books have been popular with my 2nd graders friends lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Michael's has a lot of coloring books and canvases in this week's ad. Some looked nature themed and I'm sure there are more in store.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Let's try that sideways pic again...