Thread: Best HBB?

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Best HBB?

DS is 7.5 and asking for a booster. I figured I'd get him one and start training him this summer and then put the Frontier back in if we go on a long trip. What are the best boosters out there now? I'm looking at the Kidfit, Recaro Performance, and Britax Parkway SGL. Thoughts or suggestions? He sits in a captains chair in my vehicle and a bench seat in DH's truck.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have the graco affix in grandma's car and am happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's whatever fits best in the car and on the kid, allowing the belt to retract smoothly through the guides and hitting low on the hips/squarely on the shoulder. For us it ended up being the Recaro (we also tried the Parkway SGL and the Diono Cambria). Amazon has free returns on car seats (or they did at the time) so that's what I did to try a few in our cars.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-22-2016 at 10:53 PM.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use the Recaro and KidFit. We like them both. My DS can easily buckle by himself in the KidFit, but needs help with the Recaro since it is a lot wider.

We love our Recaro! It's a beast of a seat (wide) but not as heavy as the convertibles I was used to. DS just went on his first trip in it, 2 days to go 900 miles and never complained. I tried a harnessed Frontier first before going with a HBB but it really decreased my visibility for driving. He has been able to buckle it every time since the first day. If you have the room for it I would not hesitate.
    Kelli
    Forever mommy to Jason (Born 12/09)

Doesn't the frontier convert into a HBB? That's what I was planning on doing in the next few months. Is that a bad option?
    DS 5/09

Yes, the Frontier converts to a HBB. It's probably just me, but the wings on the Frontier interfered with my vision out of the back window but the Recaro doesn't. If you've already been using the Frontier harnessed there should be no worries.
    Kelli
    Forever mommy to Jason (Born 12/09)