Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cool spring/summer exercise accountability thread!

the thread over the holiday workouts was good motivation for me, figure why not start one for spring (well, feels like summer here already, LOL).

as i mentioned in another thread I just started 4week Camp Gladiator camp..have done 2 classes so far this week..pretty good!! I swear my tummy already feels tighter (or maybe it's just my imagination, lol!). Rather intense and am sore for days after but I like it so far. I am so not the "do-your-own-workout-at-home" person..i need to get out of the house plus i need some sort of accountability (class at certain times, etc).

as for running, i have signed up for a 5k on Memorial Day weekend, but nothing after that. I heard about the Jeff Galloway method for running (intervals with running and walking) and i think i may start trying it out ..i am rather paranoid about running injuries (i've had knee issues int he past) and i've heard it helps with that.

anyway, others please chime in!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default spring/summer exercise accountability thread!

I have a 10k in May so I've been running 4-5 miles 2-3 times/ week in addition to one 3 mile run. Then I go to the gym for weights about 2 days/ week recently. During ds2's swimming or soccer, ds1 and I go for a walk. I've been logging lots of steps lately, that's for sure!
    ETA- today was a 5 mile run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It's a good idea! With my DD now homeschooling, getting to he gym has been a challenge. (Although I'm there now at 6 am!) I'm wondering if she and I could do the training workouts ramping up to a 5K from the back of her girls on the run booklet. She is really active but the togetherness aspect may be good for us except that she is way faster than my 45 year old self!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great idea!! This thread really motivated me over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for starting this. I'm part of a fitness challenge group at work but that's only for the month of March. I'm doing a 5K mid-May (though considering switching to the 10K they offer). I'm on day 3 of no activity because I had a tooth extraction on Wed and was told to wait 3 days. It's killing me to not get at least 30min of cardio in.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm in... I need the accountability for sure. Today I walked the miles over my lunch break. I'm 22 weeks, and I have got to move during the day. Sitting at my desk is killing my legs and hips. Thankfully spring weather if here.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Snugglebuggles - yay for a 10k! that sounds great

WTG - that sounds awesome..am looking forward to being able to do 5k with my kids. my DS (6) could probably do it, but my DD (newly 5) would need some real convincing/training. im hoping to do a 1mile "family fun run" with them at the end of May, and hopefully that will spark some interest!

jgenie - yay, i was always so motivated by your posts in other thread (could never do 1hr on treadmill!). though i'm gonna have to, in order to get thru a lot of July/August here (summers here are brutal!)

wendibird - aw i know u mean for not being able to run! when i fell and hurt my knee in October and couldn't run for 2weeks i thought i was gonna go insane!

abh - that is great. today i actually walked during part of my lunchbreak as well, with a coworker..was awesome!! i should do it more often. i was initially going to run but i was way too sore from CG the day before and figured i'd wait one more day.

anyway, tomorrow morning i take the kids to Math class and will hopefully get at least 4 miles in while they're in class. right next to the class there is a park with a jogging path that is exactly 0.25miles, so it works!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-22-2016 at 11:11 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

5 mile run done.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It isn't much but I'm on week 2 of C25K. I had dc3 over the winter so I haven't done much cardio in a loooong time. Anyone have suggestions for a nursing friendly sports bra? I have to pretty much take off my current Panache sports bra to feed the baby.

Saturday - 4 mile run during kids' math class. i did intervals with 0.5mi run/0.25mi walk - that helped break things up
    Sunday - i did 10 mins of run/walk with DH and the kids. it was their first "training" run. they had fun. hoping to increase their endurance bit by bit so they can run a full mile and then eventually a 5k.
    Monday (today) ran 3 miles at lunch. Did intervals again 4min run/1min walk. I felt great for the first half but then the latter half was so tough with the hills. And it was sunny and HOT (in the 80s). i don't think i would have done as good though without the walking intervals.

tomorrow i have CG.

and for sports bra that is nursing friendly, i have no clue, sorry! when my dc were nursing, i usually just wore sports bra while doing the exercise and that's it, so it was a non-issue (admittedly i didn't do cardio at all when my kids were newborns, when they were nursing round the clock). i'm sure they must make some though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast