Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Got in a 3 mile run on Saturday and a yoga class and 4mi run yesterday.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've had company for the last week. I'm glad to get back to working out.

Mon and Tues - 4.25 miles - combo walk / run on the treadmill

Did 30mins on the Cybex Arc today.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Did 30mins on the Cybex Arc today.
    I have been doing Pure Barre 3/4 times a week most weeks but I need to throw in something cardio. I don't like running (hurts my knees) but I need to walk more on off days.

I'm trying to get in at 30 mins of exercise everyday. I have been trying to do this without going to the gym (don't like it and takes too long), just consciously using our existing schedule and kids activities filling in with exercise wherever I can. DH is never home before 7 so going by myself in the evening never works. I'm a morning person and so is DS1, so we are usually up by 6 and I do yoga every morning for atleast 15 mins while DS1 reads his books or joins me to do his mindfulness exercise (taught in their school).

This week
    Sunday - hiked with the kids for 8 miles. DS2 was in my back carrier and DS1 was on his mountain bike all while DH was sleeping in.
    Monday - my regular bi-weekly yoga class at lunch. Finally managed to do pinchamayurasana after 6 months of practice.
    Tuesday - biked to work 8 miles on our hilly Oregon roads. Then played a game of soccer with DS1 and some of the parents while DS2 was playing his T-ball game.
    Today - walked up and down 10 flight of stairs going up to the Grad office for some meeting. I only had to go about 15 mins early. Loved the mini workout. Then did my bi-weekly yoga class at lunch. Hoping to bike to DS1's baseball practice with DS1 on his bike and DS2 on the tag-along.

Hope to keep this going over the summer too.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Ran 3.25 mi today. It was cool but sunny and the perfect lunchtime break from my desk.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i had to miss my CG workout yesterday evening bc a meeting ran late..but then i got in some speed workout at the track early this morning. I did almost 3 miles total..running 1/4 mile then walking breaks and repeat. So proud of myself..i had some laps (only 0.25 mile) that were below 8min/mile!! I didn't know i could run that fast. I guess i can run fast, just not for very long, heh!! anyway i am liking this track workout.

and i'm impressed at everyone's workouts. hiking with a 2011 kiddo on your back??? My DD (mar 2011) is on the thin side (38 lbs) and no way i could carry her for more than 10 minutes (maybe 5)!!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    i had to miss my CG workout yesterday evening bc a meeting ran late..but then i got in some speed workout at the track early this morning. I did almost 3 miles total..running 1/4 mile then walking breaks and repeat. So proud of myself..i had some laps (only 0.25 mile) that were below 8min/mile!! I didn't know i could run that fast. I guess i can run fast, just not for very long, heh!! anyway i am liking this track workout.

and i'm impressed at everyone's workouts. hiking with a 2011 kiddo on your back??? My DD (mar 2011) is on the thin side (38 lbs) and no way i could carry her for more than 10 minutes (maybe 5)!!
    My DS is just about 35lb (he is super tiny) and I didn't carry him all the way, just maybe 3 miles in between when he was tired. LOL, can't imagine carrying him for the entire 8 mile walk. It took us almost 3 hours, but lots of fun. We played in the waterfall on the way back which was the treat. I have on of those framed carriers which makes it easy to carry my kiddo.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    It isn't much but I'm on week 2 of C25K. I had dc3 over the winter so I haven't done much cardio in a loooong time. Anyone have suggestions for a nursing friendly sports bra? I have to pretty much take off my current Panache sports bra to feed the baby.
    Sports bra recommendation: the moving comfort Fiona or Juno. Fiona has a regular bra style back and Juno has a racer back, but both have adjustable straps with a smooth Velcro strip in the front that you can undo completely to pull the cup down. Not quite as easy as a standard nursing bra, but very supportive!!
    I found great deals on the Brooks Running website. They have free shipping/returns AND a 90 sweat guarantee. If you don't like it after working out in it, you have 90 days to exchange for something else. (And a normal 30 day return policy).

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear4 View Post
    Sports bra recommendation: the moving comfort Fiona or Juno. Fiona has a regular bra style back and Juno has a racer back, but both have adjustable straps with a smooth Velcro strip in the front that you can undo completely to pull the cup down. Not quite as easy as a standard nursing bra, but very supportive!!
    I found great deals on the Brooks Running website. They have free shipping/returns AND a 90 sweat guarantee. If you don't like it after working out in it, you have 90 days to exchange for something else. (And a normal 30 day return policy).
    Thank you!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast